Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tonight's Best Match Will Be:
This poll is closed.
Brock vs Joe 25 27.78%
Roman vs Braun 15 16.67%
Seth vs Bray 1 1.11%
Alexa vs Sasha 10 11.11%
Iron Man Tag Match 9 10.00%
Enzo vs Big Cass 7 7.78%
The Miz vs Ambrose 3 3.33%
Neville vs Tozawa 20 22.22%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bill Goldberg posted:

seth rollins is the worst

It's important to note that this is not an emptyquote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Me, having deep thoughts while watching this match: "Which one of these guys is wasted potential, and which one had no potential to begin with?"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Bray.. won?

I.. okay. I guess.

What?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Heels are going to win every match tonight, huh

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

This promo got really good really fast, and it wasn't bad to start.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Cabbit posted:

This promo got really good really fast, and it wasn't bad to start.

Now watch Cass destroy him

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Cass has no personality whatsoever and should have threatened to quit rather than breakup because he ain't gonna get any loving traction with this, and is gonna be gone by October anyway because of it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

This is painfully 80s. I think I spontaneously voted for Reagan looking at this.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

surf rock posted:

I don't understand what Cesaro's gimmick is anymore.

rear end in a top hat who can back it up.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Broken Matt Hardy's Broken Jaw.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

wasn't Booker supposed to be gone after Otunga returned

i am so sick of his voice

Booker or Otunga because it only took one preshow for me to decide Otunga can stay gone.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

It's crazy how he completely hosed up his life to the point he was a kind of pathetic joke, then he turned it all around and has become beloved again through sheer creative force of will.

It's also crazy how we all know the dude is extremely creative and good but absolutely none of that is being made manifest right now.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol why was the ref not counting on the first half of the backslide

Matt wasn't legal.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Heels are going to win every match tonight, el em ef ay oh.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Trip Larsen posted:

Matt looks deranged

Good, give Anthem their dirty money and do the Broken gimmick off this

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

"At least.. some of what Bo Dallas has going on is fashionable"

Corey Graves is good.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Bumper Stickup posted:

A dark dark time in wwe history.

Actually, main event Miz was good. It was unfortunate that we only got to see this when the rest of the main event scene was a smoldering crater, but it still got us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GEq75UxSRE

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Bo Dallas is going to sing Freebird!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

dromal phrenia posted:

and i have to assume joe (AND brock?) will be busted open too

Oh my God yes, one of those nutjobs is going to hardway the other.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

Can't hardway someone in a 10 second match :smug:

You and I both know Brock can and would hardway somebody in like five seconds tops if he wanted to.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Somebody in the truck accidentally unmuted the crowd mics for a second and the boos were deafening.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

CarlCX posted:

did they both get hurt or something, because something has gone wrong with this match

Roman is super weak. Mega weak. The weakest.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Bill Goldberg posted:

the gimmick static lmao

Right?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

oh my god

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Roman The Big Sore Loser Nerd Idiot Dog Reigns

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I was just saying this was a good match and Brock looks so much better when there's a credible threat and real danger and then lol immediate F5 3 count.

loving.. god dammit.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Intruder posted:

Brock easily lifting Joe from that position was pretty cool at least

As much as that match was loving ruined by that ending, Brock is still a loving freak of nature and amazed me a few times. He can do so much more than this busted rear end gimmick.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Dango Bango posted:

Brock's matches still a) have a big fight feel and b) have a sense of unpredictability to them (at least for me)

If only they happened more than twice a loving year.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Someone please tell me how Brock's matches aren't 90% lazy as gently caress, 10% squash/spectacle at this point, it's literally the same thing Roman does and yet lots of people whine about Roman and jizz themselves over Brock.

I mean if you really need to be told the difference: Brock is a freak specimen and even his lovely, boring matches usually feature some kind of mind-boggling moment of physicality. Roman Reigns, by contrast, is a shitbird idiot who can't have somebody roll on to his goddamn shoulders for the world's worst Samoan drop without his knees buckling.

Brock also brings Paul Heyman with him, who is the best promo in the biz, whereas Roman is godawful on the mic.

Brock is bad for the product but we seem him twice a year, Roman is godawful but we see it-- and are reminded of it-- constantly.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Paul Heyman, much like Brock, has all the ABILITY to put on all-time classics but has been a lazy, one-note hack for years.

Be that as may, one note is still better than the musical equivalent of Roman Reigns, which is the sound of two cats loving three cats.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

CubsWoo posted:

They were going to have Brock on but he's already on his rocket tractor back to Canada

I hear he just straps it to his wrist and throws it towards Saskatchewan, like Thor's hammer in the old-school comics.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's only BECAUSE Brock rarely shows up. Here's the thing. Roman is arguably bad for the product, but Brock, who has been poo poo largely because he doesn't care and admittedly because The Ballad of Brock and Roman hasn't finished to Vince's satisfaction yet, is holding half of the entire product hostage and weighing it down. Raw, in essence, has no top title.

I can't wait for Brock to vanish forever.

Here's the ultimate problem: Brock is very good at what WWE (and he, presumably) wants him to do, but what they want him to do is dogshit and bad for the product.

Roman, meanwhile, is terrible at what WWE wants him to do and what they want him to do is dogshit and also bad for the product.

Lesnar has at least the potential to be great, and we see flashes of it whenever he decides to do something that isn't a german suplex. There is always the chance that at least something cool might happen in a Brock match.

Roman is always going to be Roman. There's no upside. There's no potential. It's shameful backs all the way down. Any unpredictable cool spot ain't coming from Roman.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No but see HE'S THE BEST TALKER IN THE COMPANY.

Paul Heyman on his worst night puts more emphasis and vitriol into his promos than like half the loving roster on both shows. You know this, man. He's phoning it in, but in sheer ability he is definitely the best talker in the company even if he's underutilizing it.

A dude who has the ability to be great but currently isn't because of lovely booking is still a better talker than somebody who is just flat out bad, like Roman Sufferin' Succotash Reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Intruder posted:

And Roman is a lot better than he used to be

Intruder posted:

Better than Roman, what a high bar

• Locked thread