Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My idea of parity is being able to be competitive in the playoffs and making it to the conference finals once in a while. Pure parity would mean a team would win a championship once every 30-32 years, win the CF once every 15 years, etc. which is lol never gonna happen. So when I think about parity I think about what leagues are able to take teams from the bottom to entertaining contenders the quickest. There are always going to be bottom-feeders due to poor ownership, management, etc. but from my perspective it seems like the NFL has the best parity right now with the NBA having the least. Anyway those are my dumb thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

exploded mummy posted:

the NFL is absolutely horrible by that metric, there have been 5 teams absolutely stomping the AFC for the last 20 years. Since like '04, the only non-Steelers/Ravens/Pats/Colts/Broncos have made it into the AFC championship 3 times between 2 teams. And both lost.

the NFC is better slighlty, but Ben/Tom/Peyton were kicking everyone's rear end over in the AFC for a very long time.

like I said I'm dumb :(

e: the NFL only playing one game per series vs. the 7-game series of the other leagues does make it different, though

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 9, 2017

• Locked thread