Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

as a Scandinavian I do love the sound of the Scandinavian defense and also it opening up for early use of the Queen and the bishop. But I've also been reading on wikipedia about going to e5 instead of the cool d5. This also allows the bishop to get out earlier, but we can use it to make early use of the knights instead of the queen.

I dont really know which is best, so I'm just gonna go with the cool Scandinavian D5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Snorb posted:

I'm looking at the board and I'm concerned that White's next move is going to be Bb5+. Part of me wants to say Bd7 to preempt that.

Wouldn't Qxd5 kind of accomplish the same? They wouldn't be able to move there without losing their bishop at least.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

What do we do when/if they send their pawn to f3 should we go Bg4? Do we just move the bishop back a few spaces? Seems a bit of a waste but I'm not good at chess so I don't really know

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Let's go for the fun aggro plays then. Bg4 it is!

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Pawn to c6 it is! Love the theorycrafting on it, so let's see it go.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Get that knight in there! Take it hard, take it quick! Nxc6

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Let's just go for the 0-0-0 then! Help the King!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

e5 seems like a good move that leaves us with plenty of options. Gogo!

• Locked thread