Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
I was out of town for the past couple days, didn't realize this would start up so fast.

Anyway, we are waiting for their move now, and I don't have any input on our next move yet.

I will say that I agree with the moves we have made so far, so had I been here, I would have voted for them anyway. So it all works out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
I agree, Bg4 sounds like fun.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Nbd7 gets my vote, moves our knight a bit to get him out of the back row and blocks the check, while leaving our queen-bait bishop where he is, protected by the other knight. I can see where you are coming from though, Dr. Snark, and that could be very fun too, but I'll stick with this vote for now unless otherwise convinced.

My mind has been changed.

Glaive17 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 14, 2017

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
I have been convinced to change as well. c6 it is.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Qd7 sounds better than the other Queen moves to me, but I am in favor of A6.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Qd7 for me as well.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Works for me, e6.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
I would be ok with a 0-0-0 right now, I will vote for that.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Works for me as well, Qc7.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Yeah, I have been staring at the board for a bit, I can't see any better moves right now. bxC6 it is, then.

Glaive17 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 31, 2017

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Nxe5 works for me!

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Qd7

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Kb7 does seem like the only really viable move here, yeah.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Yeah, Nxd7 sounds good to me. I was torn between the 2 moves, but with that bit from Davin, I am convinced with moving the knight instead of the rook.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug

Nice piece of fish posted:

Now, let's say white goes and takes our knight with the queen. I think Bc5 then becomes our strongest play. It blocks the movement for the queen, meaning either they take with their bishop, blocking themselves in, or they take it with the queen. Either way, we delay the check. We then stack towers. If they don't check us or pin a threat on the king, which they really can't without sacrificing their queen, we win.

Queen as it stands can't go very many places right now without sacrificing a critical advantage. They have to check us and they have to stop our towers, and they have to do that NOW.

I can definitely agree with this. If we move Bd6, they can just move the queen past us and check our king, completely ignoring the bishop. Putting the Bishop in the way stalls them a turn or two, and then we can get our rooks in position. Bc5

Edit: well, not check per se, since our pawn is there, but can definitely get into a better position on us if they move to the right side of the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
Th-tha-th-th-tha-that's all, folks!

• Locked thread