Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

It's the waiting that's the worst part :v:.

Honestly, 100% this. That said, I'm semi interested in either b5 or g5 , but being a 1, I'm not sure how well that'd work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

D5

Well, if we're using the queen for pin shenanigans, let's hope it works out well. and if the bait isn't taken, other stuff can be done at least.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Speaking as someone who doesn't understand chess beyond how the pieces move, this phrase is hilarious to me when we're at a point where the only moves made so far have been two pawns moving forward.

:same:

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, I think that bishop move would make Qxd5 either worth doing on this turn, or not happening at all, at least for a while.

Qxd5

Edit: If they really want to move the knight to NC5, wouldn't it be best to move the queen to somewhere on the E column(that isn't 4) and force them to waste a turn stopping a mate? Or would that just waste tempo for no real effect?

Talow fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 12, 2017

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Dr. Snark posted:

Bg4 will also probably spook White, so I'm all for it.

This gets my vote

Edit: wait, poo poo, I was back a page, whoops, well my vote won anyway

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

c6 because then oh well, we lose a pawn, we get their queen in exchange. Hopefully this isn't a terrible idea.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Honest question: what's stopping cx6 from being viable?

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Alright, fair enough. Nxc6

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Snorb posted:

No rule against castling out of a pin, but the king can't castle into, out of, or through check.

Through check? so what, like if a rook was threatening the space right next to the king, you can't castle past it?

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I have to agree, Qd7 seems like the best move here out of all the options.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Hmm. Yeah, Qc7 seems like the best move here.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I think he was referring to using their bishop to take the knight. not the queen.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Snorb posted:

bxc6 has my vote.

This. because otherwise they effectively force a queen trade and force the king to move anyway via Bxb7, Qxb7, Qxb7, and Kxb7

If I'm understanding the board right anyway.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'm honestly torn between h5 and Bb4 at the moment.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Alright, fair enough. h5

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Qd7

Queen exchange ahoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Have to agree, Rd1+.

If we're losing, might as well lose with style.

• Locked thread