Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
In conclusion, it is you who is the weirdo with the sad life, not me!

*Proceeds to draw detailed princess drawings of every minor Mario character from the SNES era*

I don't see the PS4 thread getting bombarded with DeviantArt spam, what exactly went wrong here?

The steam thread on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Nintendo fandom is the chicken pox to Sonic fandom's smallpox: contagious, but mostly harmless.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Over There posted:

Is this your first Souls game? If so your personality sounds perfect for it.

The hardest part will be making the combat click for you, as it will feel sluggish at first, but once you figure it out you'll be doing circles around enemies. Also learn to not target enemies.

Yeah, it is. I tried it on PC once, but the controls were total rear end and I returned it. I've "watched" him play all three + Bloodborne (not always paying attention/in the same room though) so I'm familiar with what they're like. Wasn't sure I'd like them until Mario Tennis broke me though, lol.

I have a feeling my first death is going to be to gravity because I am always falling off of poo poo in video games and plummeting to my untimely demise, it is my No. 1 cause of death. The only thing that prevents this is if the game literally does not allow fall damage.

edit: realized shortening cause of death to COD in a video games thread is not the best idea

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Like, I have several black friends on Facebook and they seem to be the loudest asking for more pictures of dark skinned Bowsette.

It must be frustrating to be black and not see a whole lot of dark skinned characters represented in videogames, let alone entertainment in general.

Then I look back on Nintendo's 35 year history and I'm racking my brain trying to think of any dark skinned characters in their roster. Marina?

Bowsette gives them a way to express that frustration.

I feel for them.

This is because 99% of the characters in Nintendo universes are shaped like Goombas

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

A Spider Covets posted:

Yeah, it is. I tried it on PC once, but the controls were total rear end and I returned it. I've "watched" him play all three + Bloodborne (not always paying attention/in the same room though) so I'm familiar with what they're like. Wasn't sure I'd like them until Mario Tennis broke me though, lol.

I have a feeling my first death is going to be to gravity because I am always falling off of poo poo in video games and plummeting to my untimely demise, it is my No. 1 cause of death. The only thing that prevents this is if the game literally does not allow fall damage.

edit: realized shortening cause of death to COD in a video games thread is not the best idea

Falling is 80% of my deaths in those games.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Steve Yun posted:

A bit late, but IMO:

Bowsette exploded because there was some pent up feelings/demand that Bowsette allowed expression of.

Bowsette is non-canonical and therefore free for people to interpret the way they want.

Because it's free for people to interpret, that's an invitation for people to do their take on an idea

Because of that, you see a lot different kinds of Bowsette, each emphasizing whatever is foremost in the artist's mind and de-emphasizing whatever the artist didn't care about

People have a lot different reasons for drawing Bowsette:
Many because they like big boobs
Many because they like small boobs
Many because they like cute girls acting fierce
Many because they enjoy the idea of more women being represented
Many because they enjoy the idea of a trans character getting represented
Many because they enjoy the idea of a trans character grossing out people
Many because they think Peach is boring and this is an opportunity to see a Peach who cuts loose
Many because they think Peach is boring and want her to be sidelined by someone who isn't Peach
Many because they think Peach is terrible and needs to be rejected by Mario and Bowser
Many because they think dark skin needs more representation
Many because they think buff girls need more representation
Many because they think heavier girls need more representation

Whether or not you like Bowsette, I think the whole thing has a lot to chew on and think about the thought processes that made her spread like a wildfire

:wow:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
It's crazy how Souls games hide a ton of treasure behind 'controlled falling' despite having total dogshit platforming mechanics.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Noctone posted:

If it weren’t for this thread I wouldn’t even know Bowsette was A Thing.

If it wasn't for the internet i legitimately would never have heard of trans people, incels, pick up artists, demisexuals or any number of labels people use these days. I'm not even sure I've met a gay person in real life.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Okay

RME
Feb 20, 2012

CrRoMa posted:

If it wasn't for the internet i legitimately would never have heard of trans people, incels, pick up artists, demisexuals or any number of labels people use these days. I'm not even sure I've met a gay person in real life.

you've met plenty
perhaps theres a reason they don't want to be open about it to you?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

What kind of a rock do you live under if you wouldn’t have heard of trans people?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

RME posted:

you've met plenty
perhaps theres a reason they don't want to be open about it to you?

British people not needing to express labels for themselves at every opportunity probably

Andrast posted:

What kind of a rock do you live under if you wouldn’t have heard of trans people?

Im from a town of 3000 in northern England dude

CrRoMa fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 1, 2018

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
https://mobile.twitter.com/senpaihawkkun/status/1046421042980253696

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bloviating over memes has always lead to interesting multiple-page discussions

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

British people not needing to express labels for themselves at every opportunity probably

I don’t think saying anything about your relationships is unique to the US

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CrRoMa posted:

Uh huh

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

CrRoMa posted:

lmao British media literally can't stop foaming at the mouth with scaremongering about trans people, you don't get to go all high horse about who has or hasn't committed the sin of labels.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CrRoMa posted:

heh i don't even own a tv, much less a GAY one

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Whoa guys, have you seen this Bowsette thing on the Internet!? Pretty hot stuff!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The UK were you guys fought multiple large campaigns to stop the Irish from being a thing and were there are large efforts to keep out polish people don’t care about labels.

:thunk:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CrRoMa posted:

Tell us more about your unique and totally not just run of the mill ignorant viewpoints that would be right at home anywhere in the American Deep South!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

I guess towns of 3000 in northern England don’t have newspapers, TV or any other connection to the rest of the society.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

A truly scary monster

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
I don't know what the heck is happening to this horny thread but Wandersong is very good game for the Nintendo Switch.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Andrast posted:

I guess towns of 3000 in northern England don’t have newspapers, TV or any other connection to the rest of the society.

Brexit really took a toll on the average quality of life over there huh?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Manticore posted:

I don't know what the heck is happening to this horny thread but Wandersong is very good game for the Nintendo Switch.

A British guy says trans people aren’t a thing in the UK

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Andrast posted:

You'll struggle to see mention of pansexuals on loose women or this morning. Not that id know

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

You'll struggle to see mention of pansexuals on loose women or this morning. Not that id know

Yeah there has never been any mention of trans people in mainstream British media

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

A British guy says trans people aren’t a thing in the UK

That’s not remotely what he said, Jesus Christ

Do people just intentionally misread things other people post? Is it a way that they can feel good about themselves and like they owned the other guy?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I mean yeah the internet will connect you with other people which will in turn expose you to, well, other people. Some of which think differently than you, especially if you stick to a homogenous group of a few dozen people for 99 percent of your interactions with the world

What a crazy concept!!!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So how about that Nintendo Switch video game console eh? I like mine but aside from Odyssey and BotW it's an indie machine. This year has been poo poo for first party games. (I'll probably get Smash)

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Only NPCs have cable TVs

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Andrast posted:

Yeah there has never been any mention of trans people in mainstream British media

I'm not the person to ask mate but I'm sure you can access bbc iPlayer

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is it a way that they can feel good about themselves and like they owned the other guy?

Did you read his posts? No one is trying to own him, he p much took care of that all on his own

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
It’s October, when’s the “new” NES games? I want to play Solomon’s Key on my Nintendo Switch.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Jesus Christ this thread got super nasty all of a sudden.

Look guys, I took a couple day trip to Shenandoah a couple years ago and on the way through the middle part of the state (Virginia) there are long, long stretches where you only see advertisements for bizarre satellite internet services, and cable is the feverdream of a madman. I don't know how things are in a town the size of 3000 in England, but there definitely parts of the english speaking world where people don't really think about anything beyond the walls of their towns or even homes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Manticore posted:

How is it? I've been burned by indies lately and it looked cute but that's not enough to really sell me. The trailer didn't really tell me much about the moment to moment gameplay so all I picked up was that it had a arts and crafts look and you can sing.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do people just intentionally misread things other people post? Is it a way that they can feel good about themselves and like they owned the other guy?

If there's one thing that stands out about SA compared to any other forum I've used its how utterly smarmy people can be here, usually unprovoked. I hoped having a paywall would filter the assholes but it just seems to have encourage it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CrRoMa posted:

Hm yes those smarmy SA dudes are at it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

That’s exactly what he said trans isn’t a thing because they don’t use labels. I get wanting to be mad but read the original post mate. You look really silly.

• Locked thread