Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

the truth posted:

Getting Splatoon 2 digital because I want to be able to load it up whenever I want.

I was going to do this, then someone in the other Switch thread pointed out best buy still has their gamer's club unlocked thing and I signed up for that and 20% off new games for two years is too good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I had to DMZ my Switch to get it to play online (though I think my router is lovely)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
My game updates and eshop downloads are super slow on switch I can't imagine downloading a whole game

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Deltron 3030 posted:

I still get a lot of disconnects while playing ARMS or MK8 online... Does my router suck or does Nintendo?

There's going to be a flood of "internet works fine for me" posts but I had to DMZ my Switch to play online and I still get disconnects in MK8

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Default router settings have firewalls

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
That's fine all I need is Spla2n

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

irlZaphod posted:

Imagine only owning grey joycons...

It's me but I have the keyfactory spla2n silicone covers on preorder

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

the game registers a half press

Those are real outside of that one meme?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

LethalGeek posted:

It's an actual thing in electric/computer engineering because buttons exist in 4 states (open, closing, closed, opening) and which one you're in at an instant can actually matter when checking that input.

What does electric/computer engineering say about parallel universes

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The song that plays during the character creation of the splatoon 2 demo sounds exactly like a theme song from a kid's show

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

angel opportunity posted:

Going to have limited time with Splatoon today, I want to test it as well as I can to see if it's worth buying. Should I hold the joycons divided, or should I use the grip to hold them together (going to use motion control aiming)

If you want to practice controls, if you select the stage preview in the lobby and hit the recon button it allows you to play around by yourself with your full loadout

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

angel opportunity posted:

Recon mode isn't open yet for splat2 right?

You have to wait until the US splatfest starts in about 30 minutes, then go to the lobby and it should be there in stage select

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I would suggest everyone who are using motion controls for spla2n to try divided joycons, my brain adjusted quicker and it feels way easier to aim than pro controller motion control

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Why did they do an ice cream choice in the middle of summer, everyone is going to choose that

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I love Humpback Pump Track but I still dislike Moray Towers, the inkrails make it slightly better

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
People move their entire body for motion controls!? I've been doing it wrong...

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The 20% off preorders from Amazon Prime / Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked only apply to physical copies

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm gonna rent Splatoon 2

I bought myself a copy and I bought the friend I mooched splatoon 1 off of a gift card so that he could buy spla2n

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I went to a Game Stop, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target, and Wal Mart on a random weekend in late April and only the Wal Mart had stock and they only had 3 left

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Zelda, Isaac, and maybe like Mario Kart are the only games that will last that long

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Finally a loss edit about loss

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Infinitum posted:

I'm torn between smashing out Splatoon 2 single-player mode once it's out, or heading straight into multiplayer and getting my roller on

The previews said the SP forces you to try each weapon type so I'll be doing that first

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm only going to use the phone app for splatnet2 to buy the clothes with unique abilities like they mentioned in the direct and maybe check to see what stages are available to play

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Did you try putting your switch in the DMZ, that's the only thing that solved my problems, even the usb lan adapter didn't work for me either

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

enojy posted:

I saw that, but I'm not even gonna risk it. What's max level anyway, 25?

They already fixed the exploit when I tried it again

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I dropped my Switch from 2 feet and the right joy con has a visible bruise, so yeah I'd suggest wrapping it at the least

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Mega64 posted:

Gonna report you to child services for that negligence.

It gave me an excuse to buy those splatoon 2 joy con condoms from keysfactory fortunately

http://www.play-asia.com/joy-con-silicone-cover-splatoon-2-type-a/13/70b4d5

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

spit on my clit posted:

Gyro controls in Splatoon 2 are good for looking up & down, but i had to crank the R stick sensitivity all the way up to make aiming left and right doable

You have to turn the controller like a bus steering wheel to get decent turning speed on the X axis for motion controls

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

The Pirate Captain posted:

How extensive/good is the Splatoon 2 single player? I don't like multiplayer shooters but generally I enjoy campaign modes, and I didn't get a WiiU so never played the first one.

It's a fun tutorial for the multiplayer that you won't want to play more than once

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Does the playtime counter keep counting if you leave a game running but put the Switch to sleep? I have an embarrassing amount of hours in Splatoon 2 but it seems a little high even for me

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Beastie posted:

I am actually really hyped for Mario Rabbids. Barring it getting trash reviews I'll definitely pick it up. Looks perfect for grab and go gaming.

I love my Dead Neon Nintendo Switch.

I read some impressions of a late game area that game journalists got to play and the only thing that sounds worrying is that when the game starts to get complex and tactically interesting, it's already over. Hopefully there's an NG+ with revised encounters. Like the TL;DR of the impressions was "the early game was too simplistic but this new demo is pretty tactically interesting and Ubisoft says it's 3/4ths of the way through the game"

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You're supposed to be engaging Aeroshamers from slightly farther than usual since the Nzap's main draw is it's slightly longer range. The Aerospray will beat you at its pointblank range because of it's super high fire rate

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You're comparing class based shooters to splatoon 2 whereas splatoon is closer to the modern CoD style of arena shooters

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It'll just be mario x rabbids 2 sorry, that's how sequels work

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It'll be Splatoon X Rabbids

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I bought a fancier router from the recommendations in the SH/SC networking thread, hopefully it works ~perfect~ with the Switch and I won't have to place it in the DMZ again

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It has story, objectives, quests, and a definite end point. It's a JRPG with minecraft mechanics rather than a building sandbox. We'll see how much the sequel changes stuff up from that formula

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

so it's Minecraft if Minecraft left early access and had actual combat mechanics?

No because DQB is the opposite of sandbox. You don't get time to build your solid gold castle because the game really wants you to focus on the story and quests. DQB1 actually had a separate sandbox mode but you unlocked blocks for it by playing the story.

More importantly the world in DQB1 was static and hand crafted so there were tons of neat dungeons and caves if you explored enough, hopefully DQB2 is the same. It was also the least grindy DQ game I played and that blew me away considering its influences

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is "tabletop mode" something that people actually do outside of promotional trailers

I tried to do tabletop on a commercial flight like in the commercial but your tray table and the angle of the switch with the stand out was so low I couldn't see poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
We already have splatoon

• Locked thread