Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I love Splatoon 2... my husband got me the Switch for Christmas and gave it to me early since I've been having the seasonal blues lately. :3: Great surprise and the most fun I've had on a console since the 64. I feel so spoiled haha.

I've been playing BOTW too, which is also a blast, but omg Zelda games are harder than I remember. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Haha good to hear it's not just me. I just assumed I had reached the point of being old where you just start sucking at games. I still have fun though, the game is gorgeous and HUGE. I've been spending most of my time exploring; last night I made it to Gerudo Town after beating up the elephant (which was an insane fight holy cow, what a trip).

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Both Odyssey and BOTW are great. do NOT disagree, I will bully you

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

BREAKING: cats enjoy relaxing w/Switch, new feature discovered

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

e: nm, found it!

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 14, 2017

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

my new dog posted:

if you gotta have tits
like so many other things
botw already has you covered

gah!!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Anyone play Spatoon 2? I've been trying the PVE mode with the salmonids and so far it's pretty miserable. People ignoring team-mates constantly or just running enemies into each other in a panic to get the golden eggs. I'm not sure I really see the point, especially when PVP is so fun.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Thanks guys, I'll just grind up to Professional then and see how it is. I'm not too big on voice chat these days, but I might pop into nintengoons at some point. :)

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Man, if they put Slime Rancher on the Switch, I'd probably never put it down... The developer said they're currently focused on Xbox and PS4, though. :smith:

https://twitter.com/monomipark/status/897498692432805888?lang=en

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Mesmerizing :allears:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Just ordered the new Mario Kart and a pro controller as a surprise gift for me and the hubby, I haven't played a Mario Kart game since the GameCube! :3: I'm so stoked. Can't wait to get competitive and beat his rear end. :devil:

Darkest Dungeon is a decent port btw, if anyone is eyeing it. The controls ARE still a bit weird, but most of the problem is restricted to the town area, which I don't think is too bad. It works much more smoothly in combat. The only thing I can't figure out without Googling is how to equip trinkets.

Also I'm super late to the Portal Knights vs. DQ Builders debate, but having played both, I think PK is more fun if you have a kid with you or are watching a kid play. DQ Builders, from the demo so far, is more engaging if you're just playing by yourself. Both will feel very small compared to Minecraft, regardless, in terms of world size. DQ has a story and more interaction, PK is more freeform.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bummer, I was wondering about that one. The weird sword girl thing has kept me away so far, but the world looks super gorgeous.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

awwwwwww, those are so cute! Man, I haven't played Kirby since Gameboy. :3: I can't wait to revisit my childhood with this game.

I'm torn between the one in the bottom left and the one with the apple tree boss.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Well, Nintendo might not be jumpin on custom joycons, but hilariously enough, Etsy is

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=joycon

that's some good money

Some of them look pretty cool

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Infinitum posted:

gently caress that is really good.

$250

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Rolo posted:

Nintendo just make cool unique joycons and take my money, drat.

I also agree with colored themes that change depending on what color joycons you have attached.

Sorry grey scrubs.

They're already so expensive tbh, I'm waiting on getting a second set until they release some other colors for that reason alone

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Nolgthorn posted:

Have you sold any?

No. I only have to sell one.

A Spider Covets posted:

that's some good money

Some of them look pretty cool

deep breaths dude

Good luck on the sale

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Thieves Guild gives you a lot of useful stuff though, like having those fences around is pretty nice if you're like me and become an uncontrollable kleptomaniac who breaks into houses left and right when you play video games. I'd say out of all of them, Thieves Guild wound up being the most handy. The gear is nice too.

Its story does in fact blow huge chunks, however. I did not care about any of its characters. Some of the quests are fun, like the meadery one.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Atelier is really relaxing and girly/cute so far, but just a warning, it's one of those games that comes with like a two hour tutorial. If you're like me and haven't played the series before, try and stick it out until about Chapter 3, that's when the game opened up for me. Once you get the Outskirts map and you unlock the atelier ranking system, it gets a lot more fun.

I'm not an anime fan, although I do like games like this and Recettear, Harvest Moon, etc., so that might factor into my opinion here, but I'd say the dialogue and story is pretty bog standard so far. I dont really care about any of the characters yet. Also your dad needs Adderall and therapy

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

goferchan posted:

There's a game, and it's announced for Switch, and from previews I've seen it absolutely looks like Recettear 2 lol. But I can't remember the name of it...

Little Dragon Cafe?

There's also My Time In Portia and Re:Legend supposedly coming to Switch, although my impression is those are more like open world games where you collect and build things. Might be of interest if you like cute games though.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

This is my first Warriors game. It rules!! Yonder is really relaxing too, it's been a great weekend for gaming.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tragically had to mail my Switch in to support, RIP. It just stopped turning on at complete random and nothing would get a response, not hard or soft resetting, nada.

I have my SD card (they don't need it for repairs) and I saw a "save" folder on it with two files inside, but I am not very tech savvy with this kind of thing. Are all my saves backed up in there?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Nope. Your save files are on the console.

The good news is you usually get them back if the memory was fine on the unit.

Dang. OK, please pray for my saves, goons!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Cat Quest is getting a physical release. Anybody played Cat Quest?

Yeah, it's fun. It's not a super deep game, but I don't think anyone looks at it and expects that. Like Infinitum said, great time waster. Lots of puns.

It has some challenge modes if you want to slam your dick in a car door for a while.

e: why's the thread horny, what'd you guys do

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 25, 2018

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Housh posted:

When Octopath comes out are we having a party?

I will party with you either way because goddamn the demo has whetted my appetite. It reminds me of playing Chrono Trigger as a kid. :3:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Little Dragon's Cafe :pray: pls be good

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

Hooray, I finally bought a Switch! :woop:

Should I get a screen protector and/or a nice case for this thing? Apparently it's plastic and not fancy Gorilla Glass or whatever.

The official Nintendo case is really nice and sturdy, I've used it traveling with no problems and recommend it if you anticipate bringing the Switch with you on trips.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

:eyepop:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Over There posted:

Who's getting Mario Party?

yes!!!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I like video games, and playing them, too

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I got so mad at Mario Tennis that I got insanely good at it, beat the Adventure mode + DLC and destroyed my enemy, Waluigi, in tournament mode. We are now friends and I even play as him sometimes. 10/10

Now I have a void I must fill, and I hope that void will be Dark Souls making me mad in the exact same way. Never played it, husband is a big fan, this is gonna be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Over There posted:

Is this your first Souls game? If so your personality sounds perfect for it.

The hardest part will be making the combat click for you, as it will feel sluggish at first, but once you figure it out you'll be doing circles around enemies. Also learn to not target enemies.

Yeah, it is. I tried it on PC once, but the controls were total rear end and I returned it. I've "watched" him play all three + Bloodborne (not always paying attention/in the same room though) so I'm familiar with what they're like. Wasn't sure I'd like them until Mario Tennis broke me though, lol.

I have a feeling my first death is going to be to gravity because I am always falling off of poo poo in video games and plummeting to my untimely demise, it is my No. 1 cause of death. The only thing that prevents this is if the game literally does not allow fall damage.

edit: realized shortening cause of death to COD in a video games thread is not the best idea

• Locked thread