Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kaubocks posted:

i want splatoon 2

Join the queue, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I'm getting the Splatoon 2 bundle, so that means I'm getting the Switch at the same time.

Just a heads up in case anyone sees me playing Splatoon 2 but is unsure if I have the Nintendo Switch.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I'm more worried Urban Champion is not yet released for the Switch.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

NRVNQSR posted:

At this point I'm basically just waiting to see if there's an Odyssey bundle/recolor before buying the console.

Does anyone remember how long before release the Splatoon 2 console bundle got announced?

It was during the ARMS Direct that presented Splatoon 2's hero mode.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
This probably answers the question if Switch will ever see streaming apps on it.

https://twitter.com/nico_nico_info/status/884940424388919297

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
3rd party woes, a play in two acts

Act one

Gamingbolt posted:

Lawbreakers isn’t coming to the Nintendo Switch.

We haven’t announced that yet! Who knows? (Laughs)

But if Nintendo Switch sells well do you think there’s a possibility?

There’s a possibility for everything and anything in this world. I think the hardest part with the Switch is the controls. Look at the game that we have right now, and we just literally by the skin of our teeth put the entire game and the control pad that the PlayStation has. That means that we could probably make it work for the Xbox One in someway, right? But if you’re looking at the Switch the base controller that’s on the unit, it doesn’t have as many buttons.

Well, you know the beam that shoots out? You can use motion.

You could motion it, but you’re not looking at your screen anymore while you’re playing. I wouldn’t be surprised. If we ever did something like that we probably would have to look at it from, “Okay, how do we support this as a unique platform controller experience, and what could we take advantage out of it?” Who knows? I’m never going to discount anything.

Act two

https://twitter.com/lawbreakers/status/885305442364256257

I suspect some devs are passing the Switch because they're ignorant as hell.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Raged posted:

The switch doesn't have the horsepower to run Lawbreakers or most modern shooters.

To be fair neither have the other consoles.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Real hurthling! posted:

before fbi closes thread, can someone post the splatoon test fire schedule
Quoting myself because I'm a sport.

Rexroom posted:

:siren: Upcoming Splatfest Schedules :siren:
  • US Cakes vs Ice Cream @ July 15th 15:00 PT - 19:00 PT
  • EU/OC Cakes vs Ice Cream @ July 15th 17:00 GMT - 21:00 GMT / July 16th 8:00 AEST - 12:00 AEST
  • JP Rock vs Pop @ July 15th 17:00 JST - 21:00 JST
Since this is basically a test fire, the festivities will last for a shorter period than in previous happenings. So make due. Following tradition, the results should appear a hour later.

Due to the regional nature of the Splatfests, you can't join the other fests and vice versa unless with another account in that region I guess.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Dizz posted:

Will splatfest data migrate to your real save when it's out or is it just a demo thing only?

AFAIK it's just a demo thing.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
A quick interview with Ubisoft about their "toys-to-life meets No Man's Sky" game Starlink: Battle for Atlas. By the sound of things, you don't have to buy the extra figures to complete the game, but can complete the game with just the basic set. But you don't even need to buy more plastic junk if need be, you can just buy the digital variant of ship parts.

It will be interesting to see where they'll go with this.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

angel opportunity posted:

Going to have limited time with Splatoon today, I want to test it as well as I can to see if it's worth buying. Should I hold the joycons divided, or should I use the grip to hold them together (going to use motion control aiming)

Use what comes naturally to you. Practice aiming in the square.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Looks like the reviews of Splatoon 2 can be summed up as "more of the same, but with improvements" - which is pretty much what I expected. If it works, why break it?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

SeANMcBAY posted:

The voice chat app is live on the US App Store:

Nintendo Switch Online by Nintendo Co., Ltd.
https://appsto.re/us/DCAMjb.i

EDIT: Doesn't seem like you can sign in yet though.

Ditto for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.znca

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Is the Switch the new Vita yet?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Just contact Chucklefish about your hillbilly fixations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Gimbal lock posted:

I'm amazed that people are considering Nintendo's voice chat thing to begin with, let alone the usability gripes.

Well, it's free at the moment, so we might as well try it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
If my shop of choice can pull their poo poo together, I will have my own Switch this Friday!!1 :aaaaa:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'm still baffled by Nintendo not releasing neon green and pink joycons in the US market, but still bringing over the pro controller, and releasing piss yellow neons with ARMS.

There can only be a certain amount of freshness America can handle at a time. Don't worry, you'll get there eventually.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

GoldfishStew posted:

I had a Nintendo account with my WiiU and my 3DS and I remember getting a bunch of coins or something whenever I'd buy a (physical) game and type in a Nintendo code. I haven't touched a console in a long time and I am about to buy a switch. Are all those coins lost? What can they be used for?

Those were for the now defunct Club Nintendo, so those coins are gone, gone, gone.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

bowmore posted:

what's the easiest way to play Splatoon? or do I just have to practice the combination motion aim with buttons on the pro controller?

Play with the dynamo roller.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Now that I've owned a Switch for a couple of days, I can safely say that the Switch is Good. Even the Joy-cons aren't that bad as controllers, so I dunno if I should invest in a pro - at least not for a short while.

There's one thing though: The dock. The potential scratching is dealt with the protective glass screen, but... The way my television is located on a TV desk, I have to have my dock in front of the TV. Hence it's blocking some part of the lower part of the screen, which is usually reserved for status or menu stuff. It's not great and means I have to invest in new furniture if I want it solved. Hidden expenses y'all. Nintendo does it again. :argh:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Policenaut posted:

Vita also had a built-in microphone so you could do voice chat without even needing a headset.

Did any Vita game feature voice chat?

Did anyone even use voice chat on the Vita?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Team17Ltd/status/889476360074350593
Apparently that also includes Europe, since NoE retweeted that.

E: The game in question is Overcooked, coming this July 27th.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 24, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

TescoBag posted:

Does anyone know where to get some of those amFilm tempered glass protectors in the UK?

I'm using the Orzly ones but I've found them to be a dick to put on (wasted 3 of them) and while the results are fine there is already marks on it after I have babied it for the last 3 days. Has anyone found the amFilm ones to be better?

That's funny, I put the Orzly glass protector in one go. Watching it apply itself on the screen was like magic or something.

e: I'm tired. I'm going to sleep.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 24, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
For the few here who still Minecraft: A patch was released for the Switch edition that now bumps the resolution on TV mode up to 1080p. So now you can Minecraft with higher detail.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
The 1080p patch for Minecraft is apparently such a big event that it produced an article in Time magazine.

TIME posted:

We Just Learned How Minecraft Can Do 1080p on the Nintendo Switch

[...]

"We did spend some time analyzing our GPU usage and optimizing things before we did this move as well," he says. "We needed to spend some time looking at the fill rate and being more careful with that, just because of the number of pixels in 1080p. We kind of knew we could do the optimization and we would get there with the performance. But yeah, ultimately, the fundamental problem was switching resolution."

More specifically, switching the user interface at different resolutions. Reavy tells me the user interface on each of the console versions — besides the Switch, they include the PlayStation 3 and 4, PS Vita, Xbox 360 and One, and the Wii U — have custom user interfaces. "Every interface seam is handcrafted by our art team to suit the exact resolution of the console it's on," says Reavy. Everything through May ran at a fixed resolution. But when the Switch arrived, 4J Studios had to grapple with its signature feature: transitioning dynamically between different resolutions without hiccups or pauses.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Real hurthling! posted:

How often are they?

Around once a month. The next one should be happening in two weeks time, scheduled at the weekend.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/889897433366282240

The Ray Man and the Definite Legend arrives September 12th. Dunno how well the touch screen mechanic works this time around, but at least you can play the soccer game with your buds.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

ovenboy posted:

Any news of the release date of that nine parchments magicka/diablo clone? I love those local co-op games. Btw, a new four swords adventure would be to die for!

No news as of yet, but Frozenbyte are scheduling the release sometime this year.

Nintendo updated their financial results today. They've sold 4.7 million units of the Switch and 13.6 million units of software till the end of June.

There's also a list of million sellers:
  • The Legend of Zelda: BOTW (3.92 million)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (3.53)
  • 1-2-Switch (1.22)
  • ARMS (1.18)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Al Borland Corp. posted:

So that 4.7 million isn't including July?

Correct, so we don't see Splatoon 2 in the numbers, for example.

Here's the earnings report.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I feel a need to find a (capacitive) stylus for the Switch. I'm not doing finger painting just to do graffiti in Splatoon 2.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Speaking of which, there's a Senran Kagura livestream coming on Tuesday, where they'll reveal more details about their... thing coming to the Switch and an upcoming sequel which may or may not come to the Switch.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Yeah, that was announced long ago. They're also going to re-release the Pokkén controller in time for the Switch release.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Yes, amazing that anyone would consider playing a high screw factor game online.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/RisingStarGames/status/890603867343175680
Huh, I didn't expect they'd go for physical releases with Superbeat Xonic, but here we are.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Critically acclaimed murder mystery solve 'em up masquerade The Sexy Brutale is destined for the Switch, with first confirmation appearing in Japan. The release is scheduled to happen during Fall. There's also a PEGI registry entry in Europe, but no real release date as of yet.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/892278997534429184
Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 coming to the Switch late 2017.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Norns posted:

PC gaming is dead to I hear

I'm an alanyst and can confimr.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Bill Barber posted:

Same. As much as I love Splatoon, playing it 6 hours a day doesn't feel like the best use of my time.

Some might say that playing video games 6 hours a day isn't the best use of anyone's time, but that's not something you hear in these forums. :v:

BTW, I'm looking for a good quality pouch for the Switch that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You got pier pressured.

• Locked thread