Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Infinitum posted:

No Taint Reaper was actually interesting :v:

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

why doesn't splatoon have an option to invert the motion controls

Have you considered suspending yourself upside-down from the ceiling like a bat

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

FireMrshlBill posted:

I bet if Nintendo set their eshop prices to the 20% off prices that Amazon and Best Buy Gamers club has, they would make more money per sale than they would per physical copies after you account for manufacture, shipping and wholesale prices for retailers to make profit.

I wish I purchased Maro Kart digitally, but $12 is a little steep of a "convenience" charge.

Physical sales at brick and mortar stores still make for a sizeable chunk of overall sales and making digital purchases cheaper than undiscounted physical ones is a good way to piss off the very industry you rely on to sell your products.

My Nintendo's discounts represent a strategy to drive digital sales without burning bridges with GameStop et al, but frankly most of the discounts there have been underwhelming.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 12, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Networking is basically magic

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Beastie posted:

Why do competitive Smash players want busted GC controllers?

It's important for backwards dashes. Here's a technical explanation. Suffice to say, backwards dashes have a tight input window. If, on the first frame of pushing backward, the game registers a half press, you will get stuck in the turn animation for 5-9 frames (depending on character) before you can start your backward dash.

Forward dashes have more leniency, and Magus’ smash turn fix code merely puts the same leniency into backwards dashes.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 13, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lakbay posted:

Those are real outside of that one meme?

In this context I'm talking about the GC left stick being half-pressed backwards relative to the character it controls, not the N64 A button being held.

Obviously though I'm still gonna post the greatest piece of art mankind has created
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

NofrikinfuN posted:

Sounds like the broken controllers are just "experts" capitalizing on an exploit to give them an advantage over normies, however small.

If you need a very specific controller to play the game, you are basically cheating. This is no different than using a turbo button to win a mashing contest. These controllers are allowed in tournament play?

How do you come to that conclusion? Everyone at these events is an expert. These guys are trying not to stand in one place for 5-9 frames in an environment where they could very well be punished for it. With the wrong controller even the best melee player can't consistently perform a proper backdash, and joes like myself would struggle to do it with the best controller.

Rules vary from tourney to tourney but these controllers are basically necessary for certain events. Most people in this forum only became aware of this foible with backwards dashes due to news that a well-known Melee player couldn't find a good controller for an upcoming event and had to cancel.

As to whether it's cheating or not, that's more or less up to the community to decide. In my opinion it's the code that's busted and hardware or software fixes should be employed at events. Inconsistent input issues don't make for a better game.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 13, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
wavedashes killed my family

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LethalGeek posted:

Competitive smash is hella stupid and can we please move on to something else?

I gather we can make teams for the upcoming splatfest this weekend sounds like something goons should do to crap all over pubbies children.

Yeah, you need four people on the same side of the contentious cake/ice cream debate. You'll be matched against another lobby of four, so you'll probably see the more dedicated players.

FWIW Team Cake all the way baby

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Real hurthling! posted:

before fbi closes thread, can someone post the splatoon test fire schedule

7/15 3pm to 7pm Pacific time

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Real hurthling! posted:

can i download the updated client now

The splatfest client? Should be at the top of the eShop.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Nintendo's Mr Ishikawa drew art of the Splatoon invitational champion and Ribbon girl and they sent it to him as a surprise

Please don't troll me by misidentifying ARMS characters

That's clearly Min Min

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How are there people in this forum not down with pannenkoek

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Like any high-performance mobile device the Switch uses its own case as a heatsink, it's just working as intended.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ill tell you right now, eventually! they will make it play; stolen software!

Curse you, you dastardly amiibo pirate!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

sounds like a job for a "because of which character backs it" vs "self identify" splatfest

Aw frig who is backing which one???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm gonna rent Splatoon 2

Mods???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lakbay posted:

I bought myself a copy and I bought the friend I mooched splatoon 1 off of a gift card so that he could buy spla2n

:great:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Seems like a decent way to maintain good Salmon Run queues during specific time frames without punishing four dudes who get together at a bar to splat salmon.

e: local salmon runs don't unlock loot? wtf

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zelder posted:

I can't imagine Nintendo locking better equipment behind salmon run. Unique equipment definitely, but straight up better stuff doesn't really fit their design philosophy. Plus in splatoon 2 you can put any ability on any gear eventually so that equipment wouldn't stay the best

Drink tickets, which will make getting a desired ability combo much, much easier, are tied to Salmon Run and Octo Canyon. I'm not of the opinion that slotting the exact abilities you want on gear is a major power boost, but inasmuch as this game has a power curve Salmon Run is gonna be key to climbing it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zelder posted:

Ah, seems I was in the wrong. My apologies. What's Octo canyon?

The single-player campaign.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mahoning posted:

Similarly, I doubt you need to be connected to the voice chat app 100% of the time either. If you're taking 30 seconds to check facebook or text someone back, your world will not end that you didn't hear the 12 year old in the voice chat say gently caress or whatever.

You can't voice chat with random squdkids, if you've got rude preteens in your voice lobby it's because you specifically invited them.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I didn't own a Wii U so all these games are new to me. Sorry to those of you who hitched your fortunes to a dead console

You missed out on game of the century Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and it's never coming to Switch

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I'm sorry, friend, it pains me to say it but it won't happen. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE deserved a better fate than to languish on a dead console nobody bought, but it's never coming to Switch.

:toxx:

e: also P5 is great

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DLC Inc posted:

I have the feeling you'll regret this toxx, TMS seems like it has a great chance of coming to WiiU. Anything that came out in the last year and a half of the WiiU like Pokken and TMS was likely ignored; it'd be smart to plug in those lesser known games into the eshop of their new bestseller to bridge the gaps.

I hope you're right, I assure you the only future in which I regret that toxx is the one where I don't get banned for it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Just put it to sleep?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/889948240132665344

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mario Odyssey is gonna own.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Can I get a hamburger with cum, hold the blood, thanks

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah the white is a pale yellow if your cum looks like that please get your dick fixed

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Did someone say Stardew?

No

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

lelandjs posted:

Mayo is gonna win the spatfest so Pearl is gonna squirt some all over Marina

^this is what people on Team Mayo think is going to happen #teamketchup

No matter who wins they're going to make some dope fry sauce and enjoy a basket of Crusty Sean's fries together, stop shoving your gross fantasies on me.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Spacebump posted:

Nintendo needs non-garbage tier voice chat before Rocket League comes out.

Rocket League already has "Wow!" and "Calculated" how much more do you need?

Seriously that game's chatbinds are fantastic and I wish more games would emulate it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Did you know that "stardew when" is an anagram for "wash wet nerd"?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is "tabletop mode" something that people actually do outside of promotional trailers

I was in a hostel in Iceland playing Mario Kart with my buds between kareoke songs

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
de Blob would be perfect for the Switch

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ventana posted:

Fake news! Nintendo doesn't make any new games, but in fact just remakes the same 2 games over and over and over.

Splatoon 64 was my childhood

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
ARMS? More like TENTACLES, am I right?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Switch is the perfect console for the entire Jackbox series

https://twitter.com/jackboxgames/status/895684395041828866

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I liked that one Treehouse gal who was demoing Breath of the Wild in 2016 and ruthlessly murdering bokoblins.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The accidental hard drops in Tetris are brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Where is the eShop music Nintendo

• Locked thread