Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

theres no game over screens. you just keep losing coins and then thats it. theres no lives anymore. 1up is dead. mario is actually dead, and has been the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
the perfect game is on its way.

https://twitter.com/mario_odysseyjp/status/884891988234862593

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Okay sorry I just have a knee jerk reaction to that sometimes. People go "ugh if they didn't care so much about killing babies we'd have all the cool toys we want" a lot.

you realize 99.9% of the time, people are saying that in jest.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

feel sorry for those 5 people with bad docks. the rest of us have perfect docks for our perfect system.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

In this context I'm talking about the GC left stick being half-pressed backwards relative to the character it controls, not the N64 A button being held.

Obviously though I'm still gonna post the greatest piece of art mankind has created
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

is this a clickhole video

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

dk64 is a bad game, maybe the worst game rare made back then next to dino planet/starfox adventures. Mii-amoto was right in selling them to a trash can company and look at them now, sea of thieves looks like trash and the only reason anyone is excited for it is because of that rare logo but all the people who had the magic left a long time ago...

can't decide if i should buy splatoon 2 now or later since i wont have much time for it for a long while.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Pfft, Steam can't even get Big Screen mode to work worth a gently caress; don't expect miracles here.

whats wrong with it? seems to works fine on my end or do you mean that remote steam box thingy.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

what, new sonic is good? what is happening? is this real?

i might buy it?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i thought the new xcom game was out today, what gives?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Beastie posted:

Here's the thing about N64.

All of those games you remember liking?

They're garbage, they haven't aged well and they look like poo poo. I'm not some graffix whore but rudimentary 3D at 15 frames per second looks like poo poo.

Modern tvs don't help much.

nah most are fine. i still play mario 64 and goldeneye and blast corps from time to time. hell i still play alot of ps1 games. come fight me.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

friends, i'm going to pre-order xcom 3. i know it's kind of moot now but i feel i am making the correct choice.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjTzc7EH4I

D:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

golf story september!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

mom hid super mario all stars in her vibrator drawer. game is too easy.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

whaat no more heroes 3?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

STARDEW NEVER

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

sonic? on my nintendo? lol. i fought and lost people in the console wars of the 90's. we didn't win that just so we could play hedgehog games on our perfect systems. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

dab means getting sweaty but through regular means not loving in my neck of the woods.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

did you guys know that SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY IS OUT NEXT MONTH, only for the perfect console.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

friends, i like and enjoy xcom but i am having trouble getting into xcom mario, what gives?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

they never had a set release date for botw so it was only really delayed internally.

mario is coming out october 27th and my amazon preorder is not giving me a delivery estimate which is making me worry they've gone over with pre-orders and amazon might delay it. might end up going with another store if it stays this way closer to release. i mean even my snes classic preorder as a loving delivery estimate.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i know no one cares about stardew valley but there sounds like there might a direct on wednesday and who knows, maybe now is the time?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

obviously, this is the best mario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3CrLG8dEg

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

K has come to.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A prequel game about The Great Ape War would actually be pretty cool

Warning: This page contains theoretical information based on the research and speculation of one or several other users.

i had no idea the dkc lore was this rich.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

hahaha f-zero gx gets a hd port. yeah loving right.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

loving doom holy poo poo.

i bet its already been asked given the amount of replies since i last posted but: is doomguy gonna be in smash? are we getting a doomguy amiibo?

also doom 16 is coded hilariously well, my rig i built in 2011 runs it at full speed while looking decent. 60fps on switch at 720p. believe it. also im gonna double dip if that boxart is real, miles better than the ps4/x1 boxarts.

kinda hoping for a doom/doom2/final doom/doom 64 collection pack too running on some kind of gzdoom with custom wad support via the sd card. do it nintendo.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

GreenNight posted:

No idea and no idea.

its gonna happen, count on it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

really hope vs super mario bros will be out before odyssey. kinda hilarious that the closest thing to the virtual console is through those neo geo arcade guys but whatever, i'll take it. actually really pump about it tbh, i'm assuming they'll have the same stuff the neo geo ones have, like the time trials and one life high score stuff. gonna rock.

edit: oh poo poo looking over the list of vs. arcade machines and i didnt know castlevania had one. oh please oh please oh please.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 14, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

katkillad2 posted:

Speaking of, does anyone know how the VS arcade games are different? I'm pretty sure there are some subtle differences.

For example, I'm pretty sure VS Castlevania has a pretty aggressive timer since it was an arcade game.

I might actually be interested in arcade Punch Out.

i read that vs super mario bros goes all lost levels but i don't know how true that is.

gonna get vs mario bros, super mario bros, castlevania, punch out and maybe tetris if they do that one.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Zelder posted:

The real question is will they keep the 3 minute max timer in vs super Mario bros

yeah these hamster arcade archives are arcade perfect but i bet there will be the standard options of changing it for regular play but keeping it for the single coin high score modes.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

casually glanced on the eshop and noticed NBA2K18 going for £119 and i lol'd in real life.

i assume its one of those limited edition type things but still, loving lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

It's Bethesda, though, so that's not happening

loving skyrim was like 6gigs or something if i recall. i think they know what they are doing.

anyway, already confirmed single player is all on the cart, multiplayer is download only and there's no snapmap. poo poo will be fine. going by the direct and that article that talks about the custom switch engine they did for doom, they seem to be aiming for 60fps and the textures look like medium. gamma needs tweaking but that might just be the direct video.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

snapmap isnt a great loss either, loving thing still takes 7 years to load up on pc.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

are you todd howard

you'll see when the elder scrolls 6: akavir releases with our revolutionary new engine, the snakebyro. complete with our NPC AI radiance so advance that the npcs are actual living people, complete with souls, within the game. they really feel, they really bleed and they think in this real breathing digital world we have created.

the entire game will be 3gigs.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

DOOM on pc is like, 100GB or something now with the new patches. I wanted to play the game the other day but uninstalled it because 100GB

haha no its not. it's 67GB on my hard drive right now and like most of that is because of multiplayer and updates and poo poo. they will fit the single player game on a game card no problem and you'll have to get an sd card if you want multiplayer (but i dont know why you would cos its poo poo)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i hope the switch reaches nes levels and we get more slightly downgraded backward ports which become so popular that the switch versions are the only versions anyone remembers existing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Policenaut posted:

If anyone else is curious, someone has done a PS4/Switch comparison video of Doom. Looks like they made everything a bit/a lot more blurry to compensate but otherwise fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL50BKFQYRE

And FIFA also doesn't have the new Journey mode this year.

According to Nintendo, you'll need 5GB for the save file, 16.1GB for a software update for both physical/digital versions, and if you get digital you'll have to download another 6.8GB.

can't really do a decent comparison with the direct footage... thats all anyone has.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i remember when people thought the wii had some poo poo like that.

also i believe people thought it the switch was based on a newer shield type of thing which would put it closer to ps4 but it turns out it was the old one after they stripped it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

well it's either gotta be this thursday or next thursday, they did say september.

anyone know the price? in uk dollars.

• Locked thread