Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Pro tip for all you new switch owners: it has terrible on board wifi. Real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I have my switch next to my tv with my other consoles in another room about 10 feet from my router. Every console can easily pull down 40-50mbps over the wifi but my switch can barely connect to it and if it does only gets around 1mbps. I can get it to 14mbps if I place the switch directly on top of my router. I can't even connect to the eshop when it's docked. Restarting didn't fix anything and when I called Nintendo about it they claimed there was nothing wrong with the switch and that it was too close to my tv, I had connected too many devices to my router previously so my switch is getting less wifi juice even if it's the only device connected to it, and also the microwave that is on the other end of the house is doing something.

Edit: changing settings on my router doesn't fix it either.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Smash more like trash

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
If you pay any monies for cave story then you're a fool

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Saw the chat about XBX and I have to weigh in.

I put 100 hours into the original Xenoblade and completed it almost 100%. I put over 100 hours into XBX and I'm still on the chapter where you get the flying skell. I did love running around the world, and the on foot combat is good, and I like some of the music but I didn't like the character designs, or the overall story, or the way the game is structured.

It has its moments though, like how some side quests deal with the problems that arise when 7 or 8 different alien races all have to live in one city. But that stuff is all on the side, the main story is kinda lame.

Hopefully Xenoblade 2 is better. It at least looks like they're going back to Xenoblade 1 style.

edit: also I bought Brink for $60.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Mario Xcom sounds great but the rabbids completely kill it for me.

Also the roster for Fire Emblem Warriors is trash and I'm not interested unless they knock it out of the park with great DLC pulls.

Though they'd have to basically say hey Overbite, here's all the characters you like also some cake, knock yourself out.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Bill Barber posted:

Rabbids seem pretty innocuous and are no different than goombas or whatever.

how dare you

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Zelder posted:

Ike Hector Roy and Lyn are gonna be dlc and I'm gonna pay through the nose for them cuz I'm stupid

I'm talking more Sully, Kjelle, Kellam, Donnel, Rinkah, Kagero, Setsuna, Vaike, Felicia

None of which will be dlc

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
roy sucks

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Zore posted:

You have some, uh, great and wise taste in characters.

Thank you.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Samus should leave again!!!!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Labo seems cool, though I'd probably have more fun putting the things together than actually playing the mini games.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Al-Saqr posted:

believe it or not by complete chance I actually met the lead researcher behind the Joy-Cons, he wouldn't divulge company secrets but he told me that out of everything in the switch the part Nintendo were the most anal and secretive and high tech about was the joy-cons, he said it's the scariest meeting he's ever been in when he was told what would happen if he ever spilled the beans on the tech behind the joy-cons. s

ask your uncle what teh secret of the joycons is and report back

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The backpack wont even fit unless you're a little kid.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
i wish smash bros was good

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Thought I was in the giant bomb thread for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Yea dark souls is all about patience and being on with dying over and over until you are able to learn from your mistakes, seeing what you did wrong and then not doing that again.

It also punishes complacency so don’t let it catch you slipping.

It’s not for everyone. If you hate doing the same parts of a level over and over then avoid the souls games.

• Locked thread