Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ADINSX posted:

Are Yeti coolers popular outside the south? Those things became a redneck fashion accessory overnight it seems (they're p good coolers I hear)

the guy i know from florida goes apeshit with rage over yeti coolers and salt life stickers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

hifi posted:

the guy i know from florida goes apeshit with rage over yeti coolers and salt life stickers

Lol your friend sounds like a nerdy turd 💩

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
My cell phone.

And Yeti coolers were a high end REI thing for a bit, maybe 3-4 years ago, but now you can buy all that poo poo at Ace Hardware etc

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the computer

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

while yeti does make a nice cooler, they're right now coasting on #brand recognition and sucking in all the idiot rednecks who have cash. you could go out and pay $$$$$$ for a yeti cooler, or you could pay $$ for an igloo cooler that does the exact same thing but it's not a YETI brand cooler that comes with a sticker for your truck bumper

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i heard that yeti used to be the same price as igloo but then they were dying so they just multiplied their price by 10 without changing anything else and people threw their money at them bc they thot expensive = better

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

that would not surprise me at all and the yeti head of marketing deserves a bonus

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the expensive igloos are only like 100 cheaper than a yeti

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i personally gain zero benefit from keeping ice frozen for 2 weeks though. when i was a kid we had the cheap poo poo thing for roadtrips and it was fine

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

youre all missing the more important half of that post, which is that anyone wiht a salt life sticker on their vehicle is without fail a huge dipshit

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my bitter bi rival posted:

youre all missing the more important half of that post, which is that anyone wiht a salt life sticker on their vehicle is without fail a huge dipshit

yeah. here it's maybe life is good stickers or one of the megachurch stickers

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

hifi posted:

the expensive igloos are only like 100 cheaper than a yeti

yeah and that's 100 more per unit that yetis making for what amounts to the same product

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

yeah and that's 100 more per unit that yetis making for what amounts to the same product

the macintosh school of product marketing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shaggar posted:

idk about the hardware, but the software is made in Maine. the delorme hq has a cool earth globe thing in it.

my bitter bi rival posted:

no lie they always look like 'slut life' and i shame them appropriately

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

hifi posted:

i personally gain zero benefit from keeping ice frozen for 2 weeks though. when i was a kid we had the cheap poo poo thing for roadtrips and it was fine

A coworker in mississippi explained that his yeti kept his truck beers cold, even when they're in there over night

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
guns obviously

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

guns obviously

what do you mean?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

no lie they always look like 'slut life' and i shame them appropriately

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that is legitimately baller af

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its the largest rotating globe in the world

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Shaggar posted:

:thunk:

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shaggar posted:

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

haha

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the earth is flat

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hehehe

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Raluek posted:

mine is the Ubiquiti Nanostation M2, op

airfiber 5x but same

cheap option rocket prism

edit: what do you even do with a nsm2, destroy whats left of ISM?

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

DJ Commie posted:

airfiber 5x but same

there's a nonprofit in NYC that is refreshing them with OpenWRT and using them in a mesh topology to distribute donated bandwidth from an IXP

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

DJ Commie posted:

airfiber 5x but same

real good for punching through vegetation between buildings

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Breakfast All Day posted:

Your Outdoor Zapper is a POS, op

Crank it up to 5 kV, add a kill counter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_7W1r0D-Y

This guy's channel is full of creative ways for killing wasps in large numbers, including various kinds of fumes such as chlorine and molten pvc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiikqsFCXlqh4lPxHvoDEJw

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Jimmy Carter posted:

there's a nonprofit in NYC that is refreshing them with OpenWRT and using them in a mesh topology to distribute donated bandwidth from an IXP

i wonder if they want 2 dozen of them, we pull them out when 5ghz is even slightly an option because nothing beats 10MHz in DFS (UNII-II) for clean band

Raluek posted:

real good for punching through vegetation between buildings

we only ever deploy them when we have configuration control of their AP's frequency or we need more bandwidth than 900MHz can do

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

DJ Commie posted:

i wonder if they want 2 dozen of them, we pull them out when 5ghz is even slightly an option because nothing beats 10MHz in DFS (UNII-II) for clean band

probably, since they're spending a ton of money right now getting backhauls set up to the tower site. nycMesh

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

altra lone peak 2.5

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Stick Insect posted:

Crank it up to 5 kV, add a kill counter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_7W1r0D-Y

This guy's channel is full of creative ways for killing wasps in large numbers, including various kinds of fumes such as chlorine and molten pvc.

This guy gets it

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Jimmy Carter posted:

probably, since they're spending a ton of money right now getting backhauls set up to the tower site. nycMesh

cool, i'll check them out. now only if mimosa, motorola, cambium, etc will get something* as cheap as ubnt without being triple the cost

*connectorized 5ghz radios with at least 26dBm output power or integrated with at least 25dBi gain

Stick Insect posted:

oh my god its got a kill counter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Skim Milk posted:

rugby ball