Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

he who controls the eve thread controls the universe

who's the sperglord haderach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Jazzzzz posted:

Mittani'dib

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Jazzzzz posted:

≧◡≦ (●´ω`●)kawaii stunt flores-kun ~~~ (▰˘◡˘▰)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

≧◡≦ (●´ω`●)kawaii stunt flores-kun ~~~ (▰˘◡˘▰)

:same:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

俺はモホです

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The word mudflation makes me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv2ntQJOntM

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

orange juche posted:

The word mudflation makes me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv2ntQJOntM

Don't sign your posts.

Please :magical:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
This thread is a mistake. We (and by we I of course mean others) should have worked hard to get the other threads closed as well. The prophecy tells us that when all SA Eve threads are closed, Eve itself will die. We should be working to hasten that end.

Speaking of which, what MMO(s) will you play when Eve dies for good?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Dr. Pangloss posted:

This thread is a mistake. We (and by we I of course mean others) should have worked hard to get the other threads closed as well. The prophecy tells us that when all SA Eve threads are closed, Eve itself will die. We should be working to hasten that end.

Star Citizen Beta :eng101:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I resubbed wow for a month and realised how boring it was in comparison to EVE, and then promptly stopped playing once it asked me to collect 10 pig bladders.

I downloaded BDO and played about 5 minutes of it before I uninstalled it.

I've got Albion installed waiting for the launch, as I wasn't going to spend money on getting into the beta as I've heard that Grayscale is working his magic over there too.

Like most EVE players I've got my fingers crossed, eyes squeezed shut and saying "please please please" for Star Citizen, but that's not going to happen.

But until then I'm just playing the poo poo out of Factorio.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Catberry posted:

Star Citizen Beta :eng101:

As likely as eve dying.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Albion doesn't look that attractive. Them wanting the game to run on mobile/table/toasters surely handicaps it severely.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

俺はモホです

You're a... moho?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Mitsuo posted:

You're a... moho?

reverse the syllables for a fun surprise

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

reverse the syllables for a fun surprise

I too am ayg

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Groon supremacy.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Catberry posted:

The old OP was very focused on the goon-schism of '16 (since settled) and it set a very negative tone for new players with rows of threats and warnings. I took those out and I trust the mods to :commissar: troublemakers and the community to self-sanitize where needed.

What goon schism? Are we talking about that abortive shitshow DJ did? He's not even a goon, that bitch is a redditor at heart.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Oodles posted:

I resubbed wow for a month and realised how boring it was in comparison to EVE, and then promptly stopped playing once it asked me to collect 10 pig bladders.

I downloaded BDO and played about 5 minutes of it before I uninstalled it.

I've got Albion installed waiting for the launch, as I wasn't going to spend money on getting into the beta as I've heard that Grayscale is working his magic over there too.

Like most EVE players I've got my fingers crossed, eyes squeezed shut and saying "please please please" for Star Citizen, but that's not going to happen.

But until then I'm just playing the poo poo out of Factorio.

Factorio has quickly become my favorite time killer.

And I picked up Darkest Dungeon again because I hate myself.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
a new dev blog, "preparing for the future", detailing only features being cut. preparing for the future of running eve in zero-maintenance sunset mode I guess.

quote:

Additional consideration with regards to the technology used to build captains quarters was also taken into account. After reviewing the condition of captains quarters, our software engineers confirmed that given the age of the code and middleware used for its design, if we were to commit to advancing walking in stations in the future, then the existing captains quarters and its underlying software would need to be removed from the client and rebuilt from scratch regardless.

After reviewing the usage statistics for captains quarters, we can see that the development time involved in maintaining the current state of the feature is significantly disproportionate to the number of pilots using the feature.

and with that, the last vestige of the tens of millions spent on WoD gets disposed of with a final unceremonious *flush*

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Klyith posted:

preparing for the future of running eve in zero-maintenance sunset mode I guess.

if only they did this 5 years ago

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

Klyith posted:

a new dev blog, "preparing for the future", detailing only features being cut. preparing for the future of running eve in zero-maintenance sunset mode I guess.

and with that, the last vestige of the tens of millions spent on WoD gets disposed of with a final unceremonious *flush*

If it means we'll get a 64-bit client within the next century, I'm all for it.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
New Walking in Stations will be the MMO that kills EVE.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Rhymenoserous posted:

What goon schism? Are we talking about that abortive shitshow DJ did? He's not even a goon, that bitch is a redditor at heart.

I'm sure all this is true but gently caress reddit regardless :v:

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Klyith posted:

I'll be honest. The first time I saw it I tried that button and it told me to wait or something while the station was doing something. So I went off to make a sandwich and then I returned to try the button again to see if it was done

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I still want to know what is outside the door damnit.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Lansoc posted:

I still want to know what is outside the door damnit.

ur mom lol

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
This thread is worse.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
itt, people refuse to let poo poo go

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

OWLS! posted:

Groon supremacy.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Maneck posted:

This thread is worse.

So is the game so it's fitting

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Klyith posted:

Now bring back the old character creator.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Maneck posted:

This thread is worse.

Hi from Denmark. Home end of month. Granite?

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Catberry posted:

Okay done writing for today. I'll continue tomorrow when I get home from work.

The old OP was very focused on the goon-schism of '16 (since settled) and it set a very negative tone for new players with rows of threats and warnings.

So Eve is nice now? The Eve thread here was always impenetrable due to discussions of vendettas between players and alliances. I'm terrible, *terrible*, at games and feel I have a lot to offer.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Dog Pipes posted:

So Eve is nice now? The Eve thread here was always impenetrable due to discussions of vendettas between players and alliances. I'm terrible, *terrible*, at games and feel I have a lot to offer.

Yeah Eve is pretty cool. Delve is bountiful and there's conflict brewing on the horizon. Give it a try. Post your character name and I'll send you some isk.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Dog Pipes posted:

There's a lot of QoL improvements that make the game nicer to play and look at, but at the same time they have made some things worse for the bigger picture and made things like large scale invasions unpalatable, but they are working on it and are half way through a transition from sov/null 3.0 to sov/null 4.0 so hopefully it'll get better in that respect once they are done

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And with the new T3 changes...

Legions are now worthless outside of neuts. Lovely.

Ok, fine, they have more damage (and tank) than a Sac but that's solely because of drones. A Sac will out range a HAMgion and apply exactly the same.

So congrats CCP, you did what you wanted I guess? :shrug:

(doesn't change that Lokis are now broken in the HAM category)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Catberry posted:

there's conflict brewing on the horizon

that's a lie

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Catberry posted:

Yeah Eve is pretty cool. Delve is bountiful and there's conflict brewing on the horizon.

Uh... unless CCP does something about citadels don't expect any conflict to be a' brewin. Like Summer is usually one of the big "Campaigning Seasons" for some ungodly reason (As in there's been one to two major wars going on every summer since I started playing seven years ago), and we're halfway through without a peep.

Even if we build the largest super fleet in the entire galaxy we're still not likely to go on a grand tour of other peoples sov for no other reason that having massive supercaps won't make killing all the citadels any faster. It would just make it happen with less actual fighting.

EDIT: Actually the ungodly reason is a large number of Bloc level FC's for the last billion years have been college students. Like you guys may think boat is prolific now, but back in the college days it was literally impossible to escape him. He FC'd several fleets a day for every timezone.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Dear diary, do not mine in WH space that has a structure called "The Rape Dungeon".

My buddies had ventures and I had a hauler named "Not a hauler". (Hint the name didn't work) They waited for me to decloak and then they bum rushed us and all WHs were sealed off. My hauler was worth like 10 mil but I made more than that fiddling with the project discovery thing while cloaked and getting a skin worth 8 mil. I bet they hoped that I was full of goodies but I didn't have anything in my cargo. Joke's on them and I got to warp off and self destruct my pod with dignity. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
remember when they removed the hangar view entirely with the release of captain's quarters

:ccp:

• Locked thread