Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/tachicol_/status/920298009341992960?s=09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Now I'm sad

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/y_ambe/status/914096318011674626

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
tactilol girdle

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Baloogan posted:

tactilol girdle

Well, that is where she stores her "woman's weapons".

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Late to the party but I just finished watching and this is deffo one of my favorites in awhile. Wish I'd gotten onboard as it was airing. Hoping the second season finally expands on the lore of the Black Lizard Planet a bit more.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i want black lizard planet vingettes in the same vein as helvetica standard

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I'm enjoying the Picture Drama episodes very much. Especially the second one.

I haven't wanted a series to get a second season this badly for quite a long time.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Do it. Make with season two.

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/941354789824217088

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

quote:

Some fans of the show believe there are romantic feelings between Ange and the Princess. Are they accurate or are they reading too much into it?

For that, I say we leave that up to your imagination. For Ange, she definitely feels friendship and strong feelings of trust. But we didn't interpret it as romantic when we were making it. However, to split everything into black and white… that's simply no fun. So, I leave that up to your imaginations.

lol bullshit, i liked it better when Kiyotaka Oshiyama responded to a similar question with yes they are super gay

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah nothing says just gals bein' pals like official art like this. That is...uh real close to being :nws: so please click responsibly.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
They won't come out and say it because it'll anger the "conservative" fans who want plausible deniability.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

a kitten posted:

Yeah nothing says just gals bein' pals like official art like this. That is...uh real close to being :nws: so please click responsibly.

They're just... uh... practicing their... um... quick costume change techniques, for when they do their spy stuff. Yeah, that's it. And they had to, um, rest. In the middle. Just taking a break. Completely understandable.

When on the Black Lizard Planet, do as the Black Lizards do.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
e; eh nvm

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 15, 2017

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I was joking. Wasn't it obvious? I thought it was obvious.

oh well, I'll stop now.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Has anyone made the Sailor Moon cousins joke recently?

I'm making the Sailor Moon cousins joke.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bonus bluray episode!
Wait, poo poo it's more picture drama I guess?

https://twitter.com/pripri_anime/status/955275930158575616

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 23, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

All the .5s are audio picture dramas to my knowledge, but at least people are subbing them I think?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's a very pretty house in Casablanca :3:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Doing an anime watching streak here and I told my friends I would watch this one because they recommended it. Just watched the first ep so far and I'll be done by the end of the week.

I like the lighting, the steampunk elements of the world, and the action sequences. Not too sold on the characters themselves, but that's just the first ep so I'll be back when I'm halfway through the anime to give some other hot takes

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Finished this, my final thoughts.

Solid anime, had some wonky shots, my favorite episode was the train one because of cool swordfights and I like Chise's design. It's hard to pinpoint the things I think kind of held back this anime from being REALLY GOOD, but I don't think it needed to be a super great one, but it was competent, the OP and ED songs were nice and I'm glad they got a vacation at the end for now.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think what holds back the show the most is part of its interesting features: its out of order sequence. It means they always revert to an unstable status quo.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I also know that the development for Ange and the Princess was going to be the main focus as well and so they just squished in backstory and development for the other girls REAL QUICK which is understandable; it works kind of okay for Dorothy, kind of ??? for Beatrice but for Chise, it was kind of a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Keep hoping for a sequel. It's not announced yet, but I can see plenty of room for one.

Presumably, that would help balance things out for the cast and address the loose ends in the process.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I think Beato benefited from not getting a big long backstory explanation, something about it just flashing to her dad experimenting on her for a few seconds made it way more effective to me than it would have if she got a whole episode like Chise and Dorothy.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I really liked Chise's backstory stuff, because it allowed for more world building in the large scale (Politics, diplomacy, intrigue) and the smaller scale (School, sports, duelling) along with allowing for the two best scenes in the whole series, the train swordfight and cricket.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

I think Beato benefited from not getting a big long backstory explanation, something about it just flashing to her dad experimenting on her for a few seconds made it way more effective to me than it would have if she got a whole episode like Chise and Dorothy.

Yeah. There’s probably room to do a bit more with her history, but I’m not sure how far that goes before it starts to get overwrought.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I really liked how most episodes of PriPri were self contained, but had enough detail in each episode to lead to a bigger whole. It was even more impressive how seamless it was, you generally didn't know how important something would be until it all came together.

That style would have worked better with a longer episode count, but as is it's a very good show. Like the big secrets everyone was keeping from one another was how much they love and care for one another that rules.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

an actual dog posted:

Like the big secrets everyone was keeping from one another was how much they love and care for one another that rules.

It's the best.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I get why people were irritated that we didn't get more of a concrete, world-based narrative, but I still think the show works rather well as a character piece whose final act is our two leads' relationship hitting a crisis that's only resolved when they reaffirm their mutual affection and respect for eachother's agency.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

an actual dog posted:

I really liked how most episodes of PriPri were self contained, but had enough detail in each episode to lead to a bigger whole. It was even more impressive how seamless it was, you generally didn't know how important something would be until it all came together.

That style would have worked better with a longer episode count, but as is it's a very good show. Like the big secrets everyone was keeping from one another was how much they love and care for one another that rules.

I really liked this. I feel like a lot of modern shows suffer from over-serialization; every episode has to follow up or end with some enormous cliffhanger to keep the audience invested, and if you lose interest in any particular plot thread, the whole thing falls apart.

Each episode of PriPri was it's own exciting adventure with a beginning, middle, and end, and they were all good, especially the one where Beato holds Dorothy's hat while she kicks rear end. That's worth celebrating!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Eela6 posted:

they were all good, especially the one where Beato

:yeah:

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Eela6 posted:

they were all good, especially the one where Beato

Eela6 posted:

they were all good, especially Beato

Eela6 posted:

especially Beato

Indeed.

(forgive the minor editing to bring out the important point)

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I see what you did there, and you know what? You're right.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I used to be a Beato agnostic until I witnessed this.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's too bad that beato didn't really have anything to do in the final episode

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's too bad that beato didn't really have anything to do in the final episode

she was cute and it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my only real complaints are the lack of stuff for a couple of charcaters to do, the ep with dorothy's dad being kind of weirdly written, and the laundry ep being... shall we say... bad.

• Locked thread