Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I just appreciate the hell out of the Berlinized Victorian steampunk or whatever microgenre of steampunk variant this is. Plus there's a lot of little details that just merge so well into the period - the style of civilian clothing for women seems to have that classic bustier dress look about it with different trimmings.

The one thing I'm curious about - the Akari clone can do the voice change, is that thanks to the Unobtainium that Ange has to chill down to re-use and Chise has to wind up to use as a flashbang? Or is she just very talented?

Either way this is AOTS for me. I hope the inevitable ~school hijinks~ continue to take a backseat to the goodness. Special Agent Yuki Nagato is also pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The part I really think I like is that not only is this alt history, it's batshit alt history. London is Cold War Berlin, but it appears that we still have Normandy which explains the split being in London.

If the writer is from Code Geass then maybe this serves as part of the ATB timeline and technically is in-universe canon to Code Geass?

AnacondaHL posted:

The Spy Who Lo-"...It-it's not like I Loved you or anything, okay?!" Me

The Spy Who Came In From the Cold, But Not Because You Offered, Baka, It's Just That It Was Really Cold Out There, Don't Read Too Much Into It

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I missed out on Senko no Night Raid/Night Raid 1931, and any other intelligence operative/spy series that weren't ACCA, so this is such a huge refreshing breath of fresh genre air that it's freaking palpable.

Is it just me or have there been no good spy series in recent years other than the above?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do kinda wish they didn't hand-wave away how Chise actually got assigned to the team. So Dorothy just schtupped Lord Horikawa and was all like "hey look how awesome the Commonwealth is, plus the Kingdom has a counterintelligence officer in charge of the rails, how about you guys side with us?

Some seriously amazing fight choreography, although I wonder why the heck Chise didn't just slice the darn rope

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beato confirmed to be a distant relative of Haruka Amami

• Locked thread