Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
It's weird how people always complain about the melee community being bad but the only time i see the game brought up it's just long whining screeds about how people who found a party game with some really interesting mechanics decided to come together and agree on some rules that let them play 1v1's in a competitive fashion.

Melee is a fun and great game both competitively and as a party game, my friends and I naturally played with no items and limited stages when we got into it because it's such an obvious and natural transition if you've ever actually spent a significant amount of time playing the game. We still sometimes dicked around with max pokeballs 2v2's or w/e too, the game has built in options so you can use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

The REAL Goobusters posted:

So how long are people going to keep playing it if the same 5 people (and at this point like what the same 3 people really) always keep winning? I don't think this is sustainable unless the scrubs just basically want to fund the top players constantly.

Why do you care? It'll keep goin as long as it still has interest. It's a fun game to watch for people who were into it as kids or w/e. I think hardware issues alone will kill it eventually but if it dies before that because people are tired of seeing armada win or cause people want to move onto smash 4 or whatever then that's just how it goes, but I don't see why people can't help but bitch constantly about the existence of the game and it's scene. If you don't like it don't watch it, no one cares.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Holy poo poo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I stepped out for a min, is there a delay or something? It was supposed to start at 7 right?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I was doin chores and cooking and such in between games so I may have missed it but were there any cool intro vids for the top 8's people could link back? Like I feel like usually there's a marvel rap or SF has the theme play over compilations and such but I didn't see it this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I think my favorite yipes commentary was when punk was playing in marvel.

• Locked thread