Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Keegers posted:

Anyone that attended Evo wanna give me an estimate of how much they spent? Trying to plan out some tournaments to attend.

Like Trykt said, hotel and flight are the big moneys. Split hotel rooms if you can; even a double queen room split between two people with one per bed is way better than taking a single king by yourself, and 4 people to a double queen is very doable. Registration is also surprisingly expensive, especially if you enter a lot of games (don't enter a lot of games). For Evo in particular, but to a lesser degree for other tournaments, a car is a huge money saver if you can swing it, or have a friend who can drive you around. Not just because of rideshare fees but also because restaurants near places like the Vegas strip tend to be way more expensive. I saw a hell of a lot of tweets last weekend about people spending 20~30 dollars on loving sandwiches on the strip, while just a 15 minute drive away you could get awesome food for half that price.

Going over my spendings for the weekend I spent about 400 for food and rides, but I splurged a bunch. If I was really trying to keep costs down I'd probably be able to get by with a quarter of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread