Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hype for dbz, uniel, and st

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also i only voted for spooky in the poll. god bless

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

no ones done a real combo yet for sure

theres random moments where you can see people landing a random hit or chain after a weird moment (like full-screen frieza fb) but no one's kind of pieced together groups of chains. looks like the potential is there.

supers seem to do a lot of damage as well but almost no one has reliably comboed into them. meter also builds fast and you can stock 7 at a time

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
plant scharl won ah3, all is right in the world

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
http://www.twitch.tv/numakie

melty, the only game htat matters

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
sad theres no man-made-of-deer players but respect for the lack of hime

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Captain Invictus posted:

Chrisg is racist? I thought he was just a big salty babyman, not an actual shitbag

he made some weird comments about not wanting to date black women despite them constantly hitting on him or something

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

NecroMonster posted:

more fun to watch, but trust me, far less fun to play

pm doubles is good, idk about melee doubles, is it bad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

NecroMonster posted:

people keep playing because it's actually a really cool and fun game to play, like, physically just play. But i wouldn't be surprised if the games hardware constraints have/are killing it's access to new blood.

yeah like, it's viscerally satisfying to do a lot of tech in melee and to just move around and combo and stuff.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

RBX posted:

Melee is just old and I don't understand why they can't move on like every other fighting game. I love CVS2 and SC2 but I understand why they're not at evo or being played regularly.

because the non-melee smash games are completely different. the closest modern melee-esque game, Project: M, actually had a ton of crossover between modern and classic smash players and had bigger turnout than Melee at some major tournaments before it got... cancelled? C&D'd? they were actually completely tight-lipped about it, but either way the game is now basically the purview of locals.

there's non-nintendo smash style games like Rivals of Aether that can be fun but that'd be like not understanding why Capcom players don't just go play yatagarasu

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
why do they need to "suck it up"? why do they need to tailor their interests to appease you?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yu Narukami FTW.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
9 characters in closed beta huh

i wonder who hasnt been shown

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!