Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
A 2000 word lit. analysis in 2 weeks isn't bad at all.

Do it heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I never understood why Eagleton's Literary Theory is considered a textbook introduction to Critical Theory when its pretty clearly an argument that only a Marxist Materialist interpretation of literature matters.

It seems better than How To Read Literature Like a Professor. What would you suggest is a better introduction?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that would involve them to actually be productive and participate in analytical discussion beyond 'lol gently caress you'

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CestMoi posted:

Extremely worthwhile and productive discussion about how stupid you have to be to care about books with names like ARCADIA UNLOCKED

I'm not disagreeing, the book sounds terrible. However, ahh's barely puts any efforts into their criticisms or jokes. The challenge isn't for them to enjoy the book, it's to actively make them a decent poster, and the book was the fodder. ahh has esoteric tastes in books, and if anyone has an interest in something outside of that narrow frame, ahh lazily writes them off with a 'lol, dumbass' from a holier-than-thou perch and, as far as I've seen, only barely ever makes effort posts. They've recommended me one or two books that were interesting, so it's not like they have poo poo taste, their poo poo-posting is boring. Most of the Lit. thread regulars are just as opinionated and abrasive as ahh, but most are willing to at least discuss things and analyze the books they read and defend them. ahh does not.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I cannot even tell if this is sarcasm or not

Cast Insight or Detection. I think you only need a d10, but they may have some hidden defenses.

• Locked thread