Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
With just over 3 weeks to go till the opening round of the Scottish Premier Football League season, and with The Rangers and St Johnstone and sons already chucking their passports in the bin, it's time to get to the nitty-gritty and look forward to a new season full of dodgy international trialists, inner city riots and a Celtic win assured by Christmas.

Teams

Name: Aberdeen FC
Fortress: Pittodrie Stadium (but not for much longer)
Star Talisman:

Expectations: They'll want to push Celtic to the title, if they are still in with a shout at Easter it'll be impressive, more realistically they'll be in with a shout at Easter road. Former Celt Gary Mackay Stevens, Celtic cast off recently joined but he's lost his blonde locks and Samson like will be relegated to the occasional stunner against Partick Thistle.

Name: Celtic FC
Fortress: Celtic Park, or is it Parkhead? gently caress it. Paradise
Star Talisman:

Expectations: They'll win the league without much hassle. Every chance they'll do it without losing a game again. Hopefully they'll also do no bad in Europe as well so we don't look like a right bunch of bastards. Don't be surprised if Dembele and Sinclair are shipped off for big money at some point this season.

Name: Dundee FC
Fortress: Dens Park, it's just down the road fae Tannadice don't you know, also not a long walk form Clerks bakers, purveyor of the fine "Helicopter Sandwich" basically a mixed breakfast roll on a bun. Also knew a guy on that street who sold Weed. Nice City.
Star Talisman:

Expectations: Dundee narrowly avoided being in a relegation scrap last year, they've got a very fresh faced manager in Neil Mccann at the helm, he's sort of Scotlands equivalent of Gary Lineker, your granny probably likes him. They've just signed Scott Allan from Celtic a man so arrogant that he left Dundee United after half a dozen games because being their highest earning player wasn't good enough. Canadian Marcus Haber is certainly a goal threat and young Cammy Kerr potentially has a bright future in front of him. Fact is they binned one of my mates when he was 18 and James McPake still plays for them so they are scum to me.

Name: Hamilton Academical. Aye right, the most Academical thing about Hamilton is the Tesco self service.
Fortress: New Douglas Park, Hamilton, South Lanarkshire (not Glasgow)
Star Talisman:

Expectations: Don't get relegated. Keep Martin Canning off the brew. And for that matter off the pitch.

Name: Hearts of Midlothian FC
Fortress: Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh. I've been once, it's really steep.
Star Talisman:

Expectations: I suppose they'll want to finish above Hibernian. Star man Kyle Lafferty seems to think they will anyway, Ian Cathro is the youngest manager in the league and the knives could come out for him pretty soon if it's a poor start. Their opening game of the season is against Celtic, a game star man Kyle Lafferty think could be the basis for Hearts to end Celtics unbeaten streak. Bit of a cocky oval office this Lafferty boy eh?

Name: Hibernian FC
Fortress: Easter Road, Edinburgh
Star Talisman:

Expectations: Be better than Hearts? They are newly promoted from the Championship for the first time in their illustriou....no wait sorry wrong club. Hibs didn't cheat, they just got a bit poo poo for a while. In fact if you listen to the folks round these parts they've always been a bit poo poo. I don't really mind Hibs, about the most notable thing about them is their inclusion in the Trainspotting books and films and also the time St Johnstone pumped them 5-1. My boss at the time was a Hibs fan, glorious stuff. Kenny Deucher scored for us mate. Not a footballer but an actual Doctor. Shame on yous. Still, Sunshine on Leith eh. Fuckin brilliant.

Name: Kilmarnock FC, Kilmarnock (not Ayr)
Fortress: Rugby Park. A loving loving name if ever there was one.
Star Talisman:

Expectations: Killie arn't ever really a threatening club, most likely they'll finish 8th-10th with no real danger of success or failure. Old friend of mine used to get irritated if you said he was from Kilmarnock and claimed he was actually from Ayr. Says it all.

Name: Motherwell FC (maybe Glasgow)
Fortress: Fir Park
Star Talisman:

Expectations: Wait what? Lasleys gone? You boys are shagged.

Name: Partick Thistle (not Glasgow)
Fortress: Firhill Stadium, Maryhill (not Glasgow)
Star Talisman:

Expectations: Partick Thistle arn't the worst team in the league by a long shot, they managed top six last season, the first time since they won promotion to the top flight in 2013-2014. Could be the best of the rest once the top 4 are sorted. Side note: I've only ever met one Partick fan in real life and he put 3 teabags in his cup. Strange place.

Name: Rangers FC
Fortress: Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow
Star Talisman:

Expectations: Well they'll firstly want to avoid getting pumped by Celtic. Then we can expect another Kenny Miller contract extension. After that I've no idea.

Name: Ross County FC
Fortress: Victoria Park, Dingwall, The Highlands
Star Talisman:

Expectations: If theres one thing that makes glad I'm not a Scottish professional Football player its the thought of dragging my arse up the A9 3 times a year to Dingwall. Talk about a cold tuesday night in Stoke. Dire

Name: St Johnstone FC
Fortress: McDiarmid Park, Perth. Fabulous Steak and Chorizo pies.
Star Talisman:

Expectations: May 17th, just let me keep dreaming of the good times! We've lost Swanson to Hibs, our star striker Steven Mclean is 35 and has poo poo knees, we've already had our visas chucked oot by a bunch of Lithuanian cabbage pickers. The St Johnstone golden generation might just be coming to a close.

Onwards and upwards lads, lets have the real season commence!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Reserved

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Wait so do you support Dundee Utd or St Johnstone?

Anyway Aberdeen's hosed this season, unless we manage to pull off those signings floating about- Shaun Maloney and Louis Moult would be ace, what with Hayes and McGinn gone, and we desperately need some better quality at the back. I'm not optimistic because it's stewarty loving milne.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
why even bother having anyone other than celtic in the op

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Shite season ahead without the Caley Jags in the top flight.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
not from the league, but lol anyway

https://twitter.com/CelticGoals/status/885913034195161093

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Kari Arnason's back!

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

That's disgusting, you'd never see that in Scotland. There's still some buckie left in the bottle!

Srsly tho is there any reason why the ref might have booked him for showing him the buckie bottle?

Chas McGill posted:

Kari Arnason's back!

Legit super excited about this.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Coohoolin posted:

That's disgusting, you'd never see that in Scotland. There's still some buckie left in the bottle!

Srsly tho is there any reason why the ref might have booked him for showing him the buckie bottle?

Legit super excited about this.

Time wasting allegedly?

Kari is still a good player. I don't feel good about the guys we lost but overall I think the signings are solid. It will be so, so difficult to replace Hayes' game changing ability.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'd like to congratulate Celtic on winning the 2017/2018 SPFL.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Reminder that according to Palermo's on again off again owner, Kyle Lafferty is too much of a womanizer to live in loving Sicily.

Lafferty owns.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

So the green brigade couldn't help themselves and made these banners for the linfield game

Both of which are IRA references. Celtic will get clowned by UEFA again , and in attempt to stave off a stand closure they've banned the Green Brigade for two games.

Current status of all celtic forums:

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm sure other football clubs have similar problems but gently caress me Celtic are supporterd by side right dim morons.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Macarius Wrench posted:

supporterd by side right dim morons.
:ironicat:

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

nb don't phone post

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
One's the fella in glasses and a beret, what's the second IRA reference?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Coohoolin posted:

One's the fella in glasses and a beret, what's the second IRA reference?

The 'Rodgers at work' banner is apparently similar to 'Sniper at work' signs the IRA would put up.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jre posted:

So the green brigade couldn't help themselves and made these banners for the linfield game

Both of which are IRA references. Celtic will get clowned by UEFA again , and in attempt to stave off a stand closure they've banned the Green Brigade for two games.

Current status of all celtic forums:

Post some good stuff

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:rip: cathro and his laptop

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's already got a job at wolves. Was too soon for him to go into management imo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
We’re gonna win the league :toot: having Alves is a revelation, Dorrans looks a steal and Wes is poo poo at commanding space in his box from in swinging crosses to the back post

Love watching people argue that an elbow to the head from a Motherwell player is not a foul and instead the penalty was because of a Masonic conspiracy as well.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Macarius Wrench posted:

Name: Partick Thistle (not Glasgow)
Fortress: Firhill Stadium, Maryhill (not Glasgow)
Star Talisman:

Expectations: Partick Thistle arn't the worst team in the league by a long shot, they managed top six last season, the first time since they won promotion to the top flight in 2013-2014. Could be the best of the rest once the top 4 are sorted. Side note: I've only ever met one Partick fan in real life and he put 3 teabags in his cup. Strange place.

What is this heresy, accusing the One True Glasgow Team of not actually being in Glasgow?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Any predictions!? I say this season is going to give us 4 pages.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Three pager max

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

duckmaster posted:

Three pager max

Nah, Dave King will do something hilarious again. The gb will be allowed back then do something embarrassing again. Hibs will be shite

5 pages

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://streamable.com/qla57

Kieran Tierney is good.

Also: 6 pages.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

This was particularly enjoyable because the drunk head case in front of me, ( you know the one you always get at the early round games ) shouted shoot as soon as the ball came to him.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/jayemc/status/896377058892316673/video/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/_/status/896392071992549377

jre fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 12, 2017

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hibs are shite, Hibs are better than Rangers*.

Rangers* are less than shite.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

HE IS RISEN

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

No refereeing controversy worth discussing in that game at all

https://twitter.com/scottbeadie123/status/896452959273455616

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Nice to see Jack thriving in this new vastly superior club of his.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Nice to see Jack thriving in this new vastly superior club of his.

Nice to see you being realistic

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
loving the meltdown

e: So in love with Shay Logan btw

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

No refereeing controversy worth discussing in that game at all

https://twitter.com/scottbeadie123/status/896452959273455616

I signed your petition op

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-f...tter_responsive

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

It’s good that all the lads in the ‘Scottish football is poo poo and all the refs are bent’ thread are together

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Petition's worthless without an accompanying statement from Club1872, imo.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Interesting you didn't post Jack's cheeky wee headbutt as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Chas McGill posted:

Interesting you didn't post Jack's cheeky wee headbutt as well?

"Headbutt" lol.

• Locked thread