Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

jre posted:

Is the DOF not one of the reasons that McInnes said no though ?

Not that I disagree that Cummings, Murphy, Docherty are better than what they are replacing

That’s one of the big rumours, he got shown the list of players Allen was after and said he didn’t want any of them. Difficult to reconcile with the fact he’d have them all at Aberdeen tomorrow if he could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Fully expecting to lose yet again tonight.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rangers get Docherty.

Lose Danny Wilson by the looks of it.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:rip: gordon. That might be him done :smith:

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Total Meatlove posted:

That’s one of the big rumours, he got shown the list of players Allen was after and said he didn’t want any of them. Difficult to reconcile with the fact he’d have them all at Aberdeen tomorrow if he could.

If the list of players he was shown were indicative of a club aiming for second then he might as well stay at a club aiming for second whose fans don't expect them to be aiming for first?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

duckmaster posted:

If the list of players he was shown were indicative of a club aiming for second then he might as well stay at a club aiming for second whose fans don't expect them to be aiming for first?

I mean it only gives him a deserved reputation for being a bottler of bigger challenges and locks him into a death spiral with Aberdeen?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Celtic bad.

It's pretty weird seeing Steve Clarke and Yussuf Mulumbu boss the league. West Brom supremacy.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Thistle's out of a relegation spot, baby. First time this season.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Liam Miller, who played for Celtic, Man Utd and Hibs among other clubs, has died of cancer aged 36. Confirmed by journos after there was a false alarm a few weeks ago.

36 man. No age at all.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Her Dryer posted:

Liam Miller, who played for Celtic, Man Utd and Hibs among other clubs, has died of cancer aged 36. Confirmed by journos after there was a false alarm a few weeks ago.

36 man. No age at all.

gently caress cancer.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Whats worse than getting pumped by aberdeen, well I'll tell ya:

knowing it was gonna be a pumping and going in on a -2 handicap and it missing by a goal cause we wouldn't just roll over and die like every away league game this season, should be happy we at least tried but it just adds to what a bloody joke of a club we are now :(.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

hehe

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Very good of Thistle to give up two goals in the last five minutes to lose at home against Dundee.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
5 goals in 26 minutes in Accies-Rangers :staredog:

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

paddyboat posted:

5 goals in 26 minutes in Accies-Rangers :staredog:

https://streamable.com/99n7q

hahaha

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

This happened just as I turned the game on. I knew I’d come to the right place.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
On the one hand Celtic are 9 points head in the league, one cup already won, back-to-back trebles looking reasonably possible as well as maybe still being in Europe past Febuary for the first time in over decade

Which is really weird because we've been turgid as gently caress compared to last year. Liverpool fans did the same thing happen in Rodgers last season where his teams became predictable as gently caress and really slow?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Her Dryer posted:

On the one hand Celtic are 9 points head in the league, one cup already won, back-to-back trebles looking reasonably possible as well as maybe still being in Europe past Febuary for the first time in over decade

Which is really weird because we've been turgid as gently caress compared to last year. Liverpool fans did the same thing happen in Rodgers last season where his teams became predictable as gently caress and really slow?

That’s too bad, Celtic looked really free flowing and fun when I watched earlier this year.

Liverpool Rodgers would just seem like he didn’t know what his best team was for long stretches and just put out the wrong players. He never fixed the bad defense and once Suarez was gone it fizzled quickly.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Russ....

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
Bury Hamilton in the sea with our ancestors Gretna as they knew it was better to die in administration than live in bondage in the Championship

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

paddyboat posted:

That’s too bad, Celtic looked really free flowing and fun when I watched earlier this year.

Liverpool Rodgers would just seem like he didn’t know what his best team was for long stretches and just put out the wrong players. He never fixed the bad defense and once Suarez was gone it fizzled quickly.

The bit about not knowing his best team rings true-very rarely play the same team consecutively, although to be fair we've had a horrific run of injuries this year. And obviously the clown-car defense thing is classic Brendan.

And while he's not technically gone like Suarez was, Dembele has turned to absolute poo poo this season. Doesn't look like scoring at all these days, and it's really blunted us as an attacking force.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rodgers is a fraud and watching Celtic choke a 9 point lead into another Helicopter Sunday is going to be loving beautiful.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Total Meatlove posted:

Rodgers is a fraud and watching Celtic choke a 9 point lead into another Helicopter Sunday is going to be loving beautiful.

It’s true that Rodgers isn’t a very good manager.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://streamable.com/0jkev

Scottish Football

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

amazing

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
If you like goals and clown car defending watch the Old Firm game. 2-2 at HT and the result might actually matter for once

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Phwoar you weren’t lyin Her D

The Morelos miss was the icing on the cake..

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 11, 2018

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

paddyboat posted:

Phwoar you weren’t lyin Her D

The Morelos miss was the icing on the cake..

Yeah all the finishes in the game were excellent and it was a terrific game but

https://streamable.com/36yzz

hahahahahaha how

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/steven-gerrard-on-rangers-shortlist-for-manager-8rs895jxw

The Times says that Rangers have given Steven Gerrard a job offer to be their manager. If this is true, I don't know if it's a good idea for either party.

He has had some success with the Liverpool U-18s, but that's about it.

I'll copy and paste a wall of text because the Times has a paywall.

quote:

Steven Gerrard is considering an offer from Glasgow Rangers to become their new manager. Liverpool’s under-18s coach has been targeted to replace Graeme Murty, who is in interim charge until the end of the season.

Gerrard is coming to the end of his first full season at Liverpool’s academy and has impressed with how he has handled the role. The 37-year-old’s decision is likely to hinge on whether he believes that Rangers are the right club at which to cut his managerial teeth.

The Liverpool legend is on a small shortlist of candidates for the Ibrox club but will get the job if he wants it. Dave King, the Rangers chairman, is a close friend of Kenny Dalglish and sat beside the Liverpool ambassador when the club beat Roma 5-2 at Anfield in Tuesday’s Champions League semi-final, first leg. Gerrard was also present in his capacity as a pundit for BT Sport.

The Scottish club’s new head of scouting, Andy Scoulding, worked with Gerrard in his previous roles as an analyst for Liverpool and England, while the former England captain was at Ibrox for the Old Firm game when Celtic won 3-2 in March and was also there when his youth side beat Rangers’ development team 4-1 in a friendly last October.

Liverpool would not stand in the way of Gerrard, who turned down an approach from MK Dons when calling time on his playing career in 2016, and would not seek compensation.

Murty, who took over when Pedro Caixinha was sacked last October, has four more games in an attempt to secure a second place finish for Rangers in the Ladbrokes Premiership, starting with Sunday’s Old Firm match at Celtic Park. Mark Warburton, Caixinha and now Murty have been brought down by Brendan Rodgers’ dominance in Scotland since he took over at Celtic at the start of last season, and the risk for Gerrard is that his own managerial career could be strangled at birth if he extends the list of failures against his former manager.

Gerrard as Rangers manager would be an enormous gamble for him and the club. It would amount to Rangers replacing one youth coach with no first-team experience, Murty, with another, regardless of Gerrard’s glittering playing career.

Gerrard is in his first season coaching the under-18 team at Liverpool’s Kirkby Academy. In November, 2016, he turned down League One MK Dons and revealed that their offer had come “too soon” although he has been contemplating when the time would be right to move on from the Liverpool youth role.

Allen has been driving Rangers’ transfer activity in the absence of a permanent manager, with Allan McGregor, the Hull City goalkeeper, and Scott Arfield, the Burnley midfielder about to be announced as new arrivals.

McGregor, 36, is close to agreeing terms for a return to Ibrox having left in 2012 after a decade with the club. Arfield, 29, will also arrive as a free transfer after being released by Burnley yesterday. “Scotty was a boyhood Rangers fan. That one’s pretty simple,” Sean Dyche, the Burnley manager, said.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I guess Gerrard's thinking is that if he fails then no one will care because it's expected, whereas if he manages any sort of success at all he'll be a genius?

I don't know how anyone can look at Rangers in their current set up and think "this looks a great place to work"

Also Celtic have now won seven (7) leagues in row lol, on the way to well past ten in a row at this rate barring a miraculous state of events.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
It wouldn't have to be that miraculous, there's only seven points between Aberdeen and Celtic just now. A cash injection, smart signings, and actually beating Celtic once or twice a season and Aberdeen could very well pip Celtic to the title before they make it ten in a row.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

It wouldn't have to be that miraculous, there's only seven points between Aberdeen and Celtic just now. A cash injection, smart signings, and actually beating Celtic once or twice a season and Aberdeen could very well pip Celtic to the title before they make it ten in a row.

As much as I want ten in a row, and as much as we would get eternally roasted for it, I think Aberdeen or even Hibs winning the league at some point in the future would be good for the league.

Just wait until after the ten lads, haha

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Lol we aren't winning the league before Celtic get 10, no chance. Newco might if they get lucky and financially cripple themselves again, but I don't see the dons or hibs winning. It'll be an achievement to get 2nd again next year...

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

This post hasn't aged well .....

Chas McGill posted:

Lol we aren't winning the league before Celtic get 10, no chance. Newco might if they get lucky and financially cripple themselves again, but I don't see the dons or hibs winning. It'll be an achievement to get 2nd again next year...

I think there's a decent chance that hibs might get 2nd this year

Here's the goals:

1-0 https://streamja.com/0P2W

2-0 https://streamja.com/akKJ

3-0 https://streamja.com/oPKQ

4-0 https://streamja.com/1j6r

5-0 https://streamja.com/0P26

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

We’re gonna win the league :toot: having Alves is a revelation, Dorrans looks a steal and Wes is poo poo at commanding space in his box from in swinging crosses to the back post

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

jre posted:

Here's the goals:

Goals schmoals, I want a decent quality video of Lustig nicking the cop's hat.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
lolling at salty af rangers refusing any interviews and being massive babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Goals schmoals, I want a decent quality video of Lustig nicking the cop's hat.

:ok: https://streamable.com/7b1zh

• Locked thread