Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon 2 comes out on July 21st and is the follow up to my favorite multiplayer shooter in ages. It's a lot like Splatoon 1 but it looks better and will be supported with new maps, modes, weapons, outfits etc. for the next year, with maybe more after that. As in the original, all post launch DLC is going to be free. Some additional features from the original:

- new weapon types like the Splat Dualies, which allow you to do max Payne style dive shots
- They said every special weapon is new, at least for now. They may bring back stuff like the Leviathian or Ink Strike later
- You can wiggle the analog sticks while in match queue to pitch shift the lobby music
- Salmon Run, a co-op horde mode where you collect Golden Eggs while endlessly murking evil Salmonoids
- The aforementioned Salmonoids are a new faction which means new Lore
- New single player campaign. Callie got disappeared after she lost the final Splatfest of Splatoon 1 and you have to save her because all the loving moronic JAPANESE ECHILDREN WHO DONT KNOW how to shoot the floor wouldn't loving look at the map!! And now Callie is dead.
- League Battle is a new team mode where you make a squad and have two hours to score as many points as possible. I don't know what you win from this
- Not really new but they brought back a fake miiverse just for Splatoon 2, thank God
- Judd has a child named Lil'Judd, and the weird Australian alley urchin has a kid now too
- Pearl and Marina have replaced Callie and Marie as the game hosts. Marina is the first friendly Octoling, which means more Lore!!!

I personally played a shitload of S1 and got to like level 35 and peaked at a A- after they raised the cap and introduced the ranked modes. Worth mentioning is that all that stuff will be in the game at launch this time, which is nice, since there's no need to ramp up a returning player base. They've shown off some new levels, and that they'll be bringing back tweaked versions of old ones. I'm excited as hell, and I bought a switch just to play this game

The first ever Splatoon 2 Splatfest kicks off tomorrow afternoon at 3PM PST, and is Cake Vs Ice Cream. Feel free to flame the opposing team, and talk about some of your favorite stuff from 1 before 2 comes out next Friday. I'll also collect people's Switch friend codes in this OP if people share them, so we can squad up next weekend.

See you on the Splattlefield

Friend Codes

Evil Eagle - SW-6908-7305-0109
a Loving Dog - SW-6489-9693-0199
Lumpy the Cook - SW-8457-1473-8405
P-Mack - SW-1021-4235-9639
R. Guyovich - SW-0838-7723-1106
Fungah! - SW-7731-6422-4909
yeah actually they will - SW-7705-9576-4492
In Training - SW-4058-3840-4323
Zen Death Robot - SW-3163-1960-2625

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ice cream.

SW-6908-7305-0109

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they bring back Museum D'Alfonsino in some form, that was my favorite map from the first game. I liked all those late in life levels that had moving parts and midpoint level transformations, I hope they get more inventive like that with the level design.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
The Ink Zone

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
drat, didn't realize the Japanese splatfest hours were early this morning. I got a few games in, got crushed by dualies players that are good at juking

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Got confused by the skyscraper level and fell off onto a small isolated rooftop, causing a mass suicide as other players tried to reach me. Alright

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
changed my region to europe/uk so i can play their splatfest in a couple hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm having trouble getting my switch on hotel wifi, I think it's because there's a login page where you have to put in your room number but as far as I can tell the switch doesn't have a web browser...am I boned

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I'm having trouble getting my switch on hotel wifi, I think it's because there's a login page where you have to put in your room number but as far as I can tell the switch doesn't have a web browser...am I boned

it has a web applet provided the switch's firmware has been updated in the past couple months, but it doesnt always work as its supposed to

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
man, youre gonna have to find another wifi access point, like how in the matrix theyd have to haul rear end to find a public phone to extract out of

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

man, youre gonna have to find another wifi access point, like how in the matrix theyd have to haul rear end to find a public phone to extract out of

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[Me, getting kicked out of Starbucks because I bought one biscuit 3 hours ago and have been gaming loudly since]: Not like this....

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Getting high why splatting today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the hotel login page once on 5 attempts. But it didn't work when I tried to login. I'll keep trying until I have to leave...

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
my friend code is SW-6489-9693-0199 op

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
SW-8457-1473-8405

Ready to gear up w/ my fellow creamheads... Immature cakebros GTFO

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Ice cream

SW-1021-4235-9639

my wife said cake is better and now things are kind of tense around here

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Both of these levels are great

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Gonna half to miss the first hour and a half. QQ

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I thought splatfests were a lot longer, i'm going to miss everything but the last 30 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

I thought splatfests were a lot longer, i'm going to miss everything but the last 30 minutes

They're usually 24 hours but this is like the ARMS network test and it's free. So it's basically a timed demo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
The Japanese splat-test was rock vs pop themed, I dunno why they get to be different

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

The Japanese splat-test was rock vs pop themed, I dunno why they get to be different

Almost every splatfest is different per region, usually because Japan gets sponsored ones like competing cofffee or candy brands

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Almost every splatfest is different per region, usually because Japan gets sponsored ones like competing cofffee or candy brands

Oh, that's cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think some of the later ones were Global Splatfests and for the day they opened up the matchmaking servers worldwide which was a cool idea but meant that every game was lag city

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ice to see you

SW-0838-7723-1106

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mssed the first testfire and never played 1, im fuckin ready

SW-7731-6422-4909

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ahh... feels good to get back in it

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

splatfest miiverse... i missed you

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Is there any better way to get screenshots off the switch than to post them to twitter and then download the image and delete the tweet. also SW-7705-9576-4492

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

yeah actually they will posted:

Is there any better way to get screenshots off the switch than to post them to twitter and then download the image and delete the tweet. also SW-7705-9576-4492

The alternative seems to be shutting the Switch off, yanking the SD card, and taking images off the card directly. Not only do you need to power the Switch off, but the images are stored in an asinine year/month/day file structure and empty folders aren't automatically cleaned up.

Twitter or Facebook are far simpler.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
If I buy splatoon 2, I'm gonna need to buy a capacitive touchscreen stylus too so I can make better drawings

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

where my creamboys

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

team cakes a ghost town lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

haven't fought a single cake squid yet after 4 rounds

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

just splatted some cakes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

just splatted some cakes

lucky...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

yeah actually they will posted:

A Capture Card is the only other way I know of.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally got my switch to login to the hotel internet and then after I quit the splash screen it immediately disconnected and I can't even access the Internet Options tab, the system just freezes up. Even after a power cycle

• Locked thread