Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I got to S on rainmaker very quickly despite not being good at actually using the rainmaker itself. The old one was a bit more powerful I feel.

I hope they bring back the biodome level at some point, that was a rainmaker classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

they also have a weird conceptual map to play for the splatfests which is fun.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

goferchan posted:

what triggers the rank skip, just hitting a good elo? I went straight from C to B- without ever being C+. also someone play league battle with me later today pls, I wanna try it out

I would also like to know. The first week this came out I was crushing rainmaker and got to s rank in no time but I must have skipped a few ranks.

I went back and played it this week and everyone is at least 20 levels above me and I couldn't deal with it. I'm too old for competitive games

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

Walleye Warehouse is back from Splatoon 1 with tweaks. Fantastic map

this is prob one of the best turf war maps

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

they added Arrowana Mall today. kind of a so-so map in S1, it was a small meat grinder type level. theyve made tweaks when theyve brought back old maps before so ill have to check it out

I loved that level, lots of chokepoints and ways to flank people.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Good luck to everyone fighting the Forces of Darkness (AKA Team Money) today.

I was tempted by money but I chose correctly in the end

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The amount of content added to this game has been wild. Whenever I pick it up every few months it feels quite different. I love the redesigned arowana mall, it was one of my favourite levels in one and the redesign makes flanking easier.

I have to say that clam blitz kinda sucks though. Doesn’t feel like it fits well with the rest of the game, has a really different pace. Fortunately it doesn’t seem to be in rotation very often.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

They are probably a little too good tbh, very hard to counter with the secondary and special they have.

A ton of fun though

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Shifty station was fun as hell. This looks like a fun addition.

I really liked the cannons in the last one and hope they return at some point.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

New weapons:

Custom Dualie Squelchers: Splat Bombs and Ink Storm
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco: Splash Wall and Ink Armor
Undercover Sorella Brella: Splat Bombs and Baller
Carbon Roller Deco: Burst Bombs and Autobomb Launcher

that rapid blaster pro variant sounds dirty

The squelchers sound pretty good too. I really like the ink storm

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's insanely good but the Switch experience is very similar.

Basically the switch experience is just more polished and fun, you didn’t miss much.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I don’t mind pulp but orange juice is pretty mediocre. Mango juice is where it’s at.

Are all the levels from one in the game now?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

drat that looks sick

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Small sample size and whatever but every time I’ve played on it one team just crushes the other.

It’s a fun map though. It’s great for ranged weapons because it’s fairly flat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

Patch 3.2 was announced, comes out tonight. Various balance changes, including a pretty substantial overhaul to tenta missiles, but the biggest change is that when you leave Salmon Run now they just put you outside the salmon run entrance so you can collect your prizes immediately. It only took them a year to add this. Thank you Nintendo.

Also Ancho-V Games from 1 is coming back as the August map, although I never played it before so it'll be like a new stage to me.

Now I think there is only 1 map from the original not included

• Locked thread