Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
King me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm not good (never played Splat1) but I'll play until I get good.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
There's exclusive wardrobe stuff on the Nintendo Online App so you should at least be logging in and checking it. :sci101:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Yeah, mayo doesn't even have competition.
:twisted:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

This morning is rough, I think everyone playing right now is like 14.
Rank, age, or both? LMAO :D

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/arbys/status/888434146351230976

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm gonna do single player first :twisted:
Sayme.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's cool that they're adding a billion different weapon styles for people to play around with.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

You get little medals for perfecting the soundtrack mode. So much to do and so little time.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I didn't realize you had to go to the window to collect your loot so by the time I actually went to collect I had like 13 loot balls to redeem. :woop:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Wish I would have marathoned and gotten Profreshional on Grizz while it was live all weekend. Didn't realize it was gonna be a 12 hour every other day kinda thing.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
If a fellow imp has a nice 4 slot item with a good main (ink saver, special up) you could ask them to pub with you for a match and then exit to the lobby and their character will be standing outside. From there you can have Murch order you that exact item.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Captain No-mates posted:

Tell me how to be good with the ink brush, it's fun to run around but I feel ineffective
If you're doing ranked then just hold it and fast roll out. If you're doing Turf War just spam jump and shoot over and over again. If you wanna frag, find an enemy, toss an autonomb, recharge your ink for a second or two and then get as close as possible to them and spam jump and shoot. Damage is also largely focused directly in front of you. If you're spamming attack and there's a guy on your side the animation might look like it's hitting him but he won't take much damage at all.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I never played Splatoon and I like pretty much all the maps. :shobon:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Good luck you guys.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200279-splatoon-2/75596498

Go to Octo Canyon.

Exp: Super Jump to level 6 and get the crate that is on the side of the building across from you.

Coins: Super Jump to level 27. I haven't gotten this far in SP yet so idk where it is.

After you grab your ticket(s) go back inkopolis square and repeat the above steps to farm for more.

The tickets are greyed out like you are not supposed to get them more than once. Now that the cat's out of the bag, expect Nintendo to probably patch this out.
They fixed it like 2 days ago.

We game with honor here in the Imp Zone.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Does the list order mean anything in Ranked mode? I kind of assumed it did but seeing the actual data from inside the app it appears it's just random. I wish they showed that level of detail in game but I also understand how they probably didn't want to overload new players with all sorts of information.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

bump_fn posted:

is the schedule for salmon run listed anywhere or do you just have to go and check
Hit X and then R twice.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Good luck goons. I wish you could spectate the matches.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Congrats to the Imp Zone MLG Splatoon 2 squad for securing 69th place on the Team leaderboards!!!!!
lol

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Fungah! posted:

omg ranked fuckin rules
:getin:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

If you pick team ketchup I'm going to probate you for a month
Too late.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Hizke posted:

I am on line

Same

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm waiting for the moment my Switch stops saying "first played 11 days ago" and starts listing how many hours I've played. It's not going to be pretty.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I haven't really tried handheld mode except a few levels of single player because I'm nervous I won't be able to control it nearly as well as with a pro controller. :ohdear:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
On a similar note I was bored loafing around the main square today and found those really awesome and detailed sheets about Salmon Run detailing all the bosses and modes and even a bunch of stupid rear end lore that I loving love. I wish they'd do something like that for the Ranked modes once you reach level 10.

Evil Eagle posted:

Well there's a rules option on the lobby menu but I've never checked to see if it's helpful
It's not really. It's extremely basic and doesn't really explain much.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

P-Mack posted:

you are supposed to run by yourself directly towards the objective and get repeatedly splatted in a revolving conga line with three other c- scrubs
Bonus points if you jump to your teammate who's down 3-1 in the middle of the map and immediately get splatted, and then do the exact same thing 5 more times.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Getting a "connection error" with 3 seconds left until you win the ranked match feels an awful lot like the host just happened to rage quit.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mysterious loyall X posted:

the sploosh o matic is already out gamer
is it, motherfucker?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
While you still have the chance, make sure you take some time and hang out in the square and zoom in on the stage and watch Pearl and Marina go through thier routine. I know everyone loves to hate on Pearl but watching her dance around like an idiot while rapping makes me kinda like her.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Hizke posted:

I betrayed everyone and went ketchup because I like marina better. I would ask forgiveness, but I know i will receive none.

Pearl has grown on me a lot since I got the game. Everyone should give her a chance.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Oh poo poo!

Based Mayo-san.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

R. Guyovich posted:

i'm going to go ahead and give our brave imp mayo crew all credit
The 1% victory in team matches is very likely due to them honestly.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Pretty much got my ranked mode loadout complete but I think I'm going to get a different shirt, thermal ink is kinda lame. I want something with subbsaver that looks cool, now that I can just add slots to whatever

I wear the blue hoodie with subsaver which I think looks nice, but I'm also one of those weirdos who tries to make the character look like I would in real life.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

zen death robot posted:

The zapper is pretty cool for the team shield special
Ink Armor is probably the best all-around special since it works on your whole team and is more than enough to put you over the hump in a firefight. Gotta have smart teammates who know how to go aggressive as soon as they see it pop though.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
As someone who's stacking Ink Recovery/MainSaver/SubSaver, it's great to hear that it doesn't effect your current chunks.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

would anyone like to play for a while, I've never done the ranked modes before
As far as I know you can't really join friends in Ranked mode because of the ranking and elo causing team switches constantly. I did run into InTraining randomly in a Ranked match and dunked on him, but there's no queuing up unless you do League mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

after a series of deafeningly quick wins, I'm B- and able to do league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

Rainmaker is fun as heck if at least one other of your teammates know what they're doing.

• Locked thread