Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
The Ink Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
drat, didn't realize the Japanese splatfest hours were early this morning. I got a few games in, got crushed by dualies players that are good at juking

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Got confused by the skyscraper level and fell off onto a small isolated rooftop, causing a mass suicide as other players tried to reach me. Alright

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
changed my region to europe/uk so i can play their splatfest in a couple hours

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I'm having trouble getting my switch on hotel wifi, I think it's because there's a login page where you have to put in your room number but as far as I can tell the switch doesn't have a web browser...am I boned

it has a web applet provided the switch's firmware has been updated in the past couple months, but it doesnt always work as its supposed to

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
man, youre gonna have to find another wifi access point, like how in the matrix theyd have to haul rear end to find a public phone to extract out of

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Both of these levels are great

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
The Japanese splat-test was rock vs pop themed, I dunno why they get to be different

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Almost every splatfest is different per region, usually because Japan gets sponsored ones like competing cofffee or candy brands

Oh, that's cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
If I buy splatoon 2, I'm gonna need to buy a capacitive touchscreen stylus too so I can make better drawings

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I love the alt fire of the roller

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I'm not sure if I like the switch motion controls better than the Wii U or if I've just gotten better at them with time, but I had a real good run with the testfire

Question for ppl that played as a group: how did changing your weapon work? Were you able to stay grouped up or did you have to leave and rejoin?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

It's simple mathematics. There's mint chocolate chip ice cream. There's no mint chocolate chip cake, unless it's an ice cream cake.

Check this poo poo out... http://www.yourcupofcake.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Andes-Mint-Cake.jpg
That's maybe a gross amount of frosting but still, anything is possible

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
thinking about the salmon run game mode while I drink my coffee

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I think so, so he clowns on you whenever you lose instead of Judd just being sad for you.

I don't like how many little things they have in the game to make you feel bad after losing rounds

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
made a big coffee, 7 hrs to go

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Cant wait to be squirting and sporting the iconic mayo color

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
game is awesome

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Hizke posted:

hell yea. connection got weird that last game I played so I stopped for now. only game that's given me trouble with connection issues so far is splatoon 2.

I think most USB Ethernet adapters work on the switch, though if you know how to DMZ your switch's ip or MAC address or whatever on your router that's maybe the better way?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Salmon Run loving owns, I love it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

After I eat dinner I wanna play some Salmon Run, haven't tried it out yet, and want to do it with 4 people for maximum gaming.

You gotta do 2 tutorial missions before you can hop into a real round, but they're really fun and go by quick

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
so glad I bought this game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
sending out more friend requests, I'm weedboss69

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Taking a lil break. Insanely good matches with the imps, such a good game!!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
ranking up in Ranked Mode seems impossible

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I guess ranked will chill out as the S-rank squid kings sort themselves out over the next week

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I played a bunch of games with the inkbrush and it's extremely fun alternating between racing around and mashing the trigger like crazy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Does the bucket suck or do I just suck with it? Been getting my tentacles tied in knots today

In Training was just working me over with it, lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Can someone give me as many tips for the tower control mode as possible

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
salmon run ftw

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

So what's everyone's favorite new map so far. I gotta go with Tbe Reef, every single mode I've played on it is a blast

Musselforge Fitness is loving amazing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dragon enthusiast posted:

three of them are way too similar in layout and don't have good verticality

also like all of them have unclimbable walls so you can't bass rap pubbies in turf war

stupid bitch

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

P-Mack posted:

It's the worst feeling when you realize what's going on and you still have two and a half minutes of futile struggle to look forward to.

The true worst feeling is when it's you that gets disconnected, and you know how bad your team is getting hosed because of your ISP or router or whatever

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Hizke posted:

i ended up going wired cuz i disconnected once when the game was counting down. it counted down to one, my game just hung for a minute and then i disconnected without receiving the win. it was miserable, cuz it was a brutal back and forth match

Splatoon 1 would power cycle the wifi antenna in my Wii U during the first 20 seconds of maybe 50% of matches, it was really lovely

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
My current motion control hurdle is training my right thumb to not gently caress around with the joystick when I'm in heated situations. Otherwise I'm liking em a lot

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Nice, my stylus arrived

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

This is very good, thank you

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
All of my ideas for a team mayo splatfest drawing are against the terms of service

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
ketchup vs mayo is basically the cripple fight from South Park Season 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Waiter -- one enormous plate of flavorless potato sticks. And may I have extra sugar AKA ketchup on the side?

Haha keep insulting the flavor of fries, dude

I'm reloading.

• Locked thread