Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I love her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

whoa this brocci, egg, corn, and sad asian cheese pizza is bad. let me take the squirt bottle of kewpie, the mayonaise famous for having a naked cupid baby on it, and squirt some of that poo poo on this garbage. oh hell yeah welcome to aji no kuni [translatiojn for fflavor country]

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I wanna buy this but how much is there to do offline? I know it's MP at the core and I'm into that but I play my Switch a ton on the bus and stuff ...... will there be anything to do when i'm offline in handheld mode after I beat that?

edit: or even if not, is there more to the campaign than a platoon 1?

goferchan fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 20, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's cool. As long as there's stuff to mess around with with no wifi I'll probably pick it up soon

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm so glad I picked this up - made it to level 6 yesterday and called it a night . I'm still a fresh noob but I added everyone in the OP, play some salmon run with me or something

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Single player is cool.... if all the boss fights are as good as that first toaster monster I'm in for a treat

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I have no idea how the freshness bonus and the decimal number works ... it's tracked per-weapon or something? I noticed getting 3k bonus XP on the game where I hit 5.0, does that just happen at certain thershholds or something?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ahhhh ok thank you . Took me a while to realize it was tracked per weapon. I'm like one game away from level 10 so I'll be graduating from Turf War very soon anyways :cool:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man I need to switch off my hat with the useless "special charges faster when someone on your team disconnects" ability but my outfit is so good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I love socks. I've never done a splat fest how's it work?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh man I'm playing Rainmaker for the first time and this mode is loving cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

what triggers the rank skip, just hitting a good elo? I went straight from C to B- without ever being C+. also someone play league battle with me later today pls, I wanna try it out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol if I see someone on the other team who's still in B rank but like level 60 I find it kinda comforting. Or so ranks decay/reset in this if you don't play for a while?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Awesome. Probably late afternoon/early evening will work best here , I'll nail down an exact time soon. Maybe we can wrangle up a 4th by then

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is the idea behind the splatfest shirt to keep leveling it & then scrubbing it for ability shards? I noticed that scrubbing is super cheap compared to other equipment (but it seems like leveling takes longer)

And yup I could at least play from 5-6 EST, let's do it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok my internet is loving up at home so I'm at a coffee shop . Connections great but I can't voice chat or do the Splatoon Victory Dance so msg me on Discord

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I'm back offline, how did we do? That was really fun, we should get a 4-man together this week

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh hell yeah . Looking forward to next time

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm a noob but I started getting comfy with the original nzap set right before the new one came out....... and maybe it's just because I keep logging in while Tower Control is in ranked rotation but I think I really prefer the sticky bombs on the old model to the auto bombs. Tenta Missiles are nice though because I still can't tell exactly what Ink Armor does & how useful it is when I activate it, and at least when I get splats or chase people off the objective with missiles the impact is obvious

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

ink armor is imo the best special in the game. when you use it it gives your entire team armor that absorbs 100 damage (which is how much it takes to kill somebody). so you double your entire team's health for like 6 seconds, which, if timed right in ranked mode can mean a huge objective push

Lol the in-game description just says it "absorbs a single hit" or something like that. Also there's no clue as to whether Special Up gear boosts the duration or the damage absorbed or what.... I really need to read up on this poo poo

edit; also I wish the game tracked stats for how often you deny people their super because splatting someone a second after they light up is extremely satisfying and I want to further gloat about it . I'm pretty sick of Overwatch but I appreciate how the game acknowledges that kind of stuff

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 12, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Clam Blitz at 11 PM EST tonight! Gonna be a little late for me to play League but we should get one together for it tomorrow

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Clam Blitz absolutely did not click for me my first couple attempts lol. It's cool they're willing to try weird complicated stuff like that though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HMU if anyone wants to play some Snow Day Salmon Run -- it just started this morning so it's going all day. They're doing the thing with the rare OP GrizzCo weapon variants again

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I want to play 4 man Clam Blitz league so bad ..... please don't make me go to the Games thread

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm very hesitant to post this, but I just now discovered that in Tower Control you control the tower by riding on top of it, and not by painting the sides of it . Yikes lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

2 of you should play league with me and IT today please

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nice I'm free all evening.... Hormel might be down too, I heard? So that would be 4. Our clan tag is [SWAG] (Squids Worshipping an Awesome God) and the clan Bible verse of the day is Matthew 16:12.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm in. New map is cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

I was planning on doing some other stuff tonight but if we can get 4 I'll hop on.

Yeah Hormel is down . We can coordinate on discord

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Well I can tell you my codename certainly isn't Agent Saveahoe.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

anyone want to do a league with me and IT later tonight??

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Personally Im 100% team baseball and I think soccer sucks rear end but Im also entirely certain soccer is gonna win ...... is it unethical to pick it?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm going to go Team Soccer because in a twisted way it will be win-win for me no matter the outcome. More shells if Soccer wins and moral vindication if Baseball wins

edit: Yes, I identify more with The Joker than I do Batman. It's called growing up.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao. Did you get it?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bell_ posted:

I haven't committed yet to a side though I was leaning towards that's a baseball. What time would you start playing?

Whatever time works for you , if you pick Team Baseball.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

next splatfest is bashing abbos vs bashing gays since australia felt left out of the two most popular sports on the entire globe

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

New map and 4 new weapons getting added tonight at 8pm EST. Hype!

Oh poo poo! That's right when I'm getting back from my trip :cheers: let's league soon

• Locked thread