Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Zyla winning
Yes
Needs work
No
:barf:
View Results

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Hi! I'm Zyla. I'm a far-left Something Awful poster with at least a moderate level of charisma in real life.

I haven't had a job in a while so I figured I could run for office to get something going.

In this thread I hope to build a grassroots goon movement, and possibly hire most of you all to manage my outreach and help me find winning positions and indeed, a job.

I live in Western Massachusetts, and I don't know what would be most advantageous to run for, in terms of a specific office. I have little to no experience in anything, beyond posting, and a law degree.

But Donald Trump is our president, so gently caress it, there are no limits.

If you all could give me good advice, i would appreciate it. I don't want to follow bad advice and lose an election because of it. Like Hillary Clinton.

What I currently believe in:

Pro-Choice
Healthcare for All
Ending Systemic Racism at all levels
[More to come]

Thank you and Mod Bless you.

Zyla Q. Zylington, ESQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

yea lets gently caress poo poo up

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what are your plans to modernize and increase the nuclear weapon throw weight capability in the near term future and can we expect the development of a lunar orbit deterrent?? please entitle ur response with we can not allow a moon gap.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

experience dont matter at all lmao if u suck n are a trash person it dont matter jsut have the right opinions n make fun of ppl who suck bad

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Baloogan posted:

what are your plans to modernize and increase the nuclear weapon throw weight capability in the near term future and can we expect the development of a lunar orbit deterrent?? please entitle ur response with we can not allow a moon gap.

I think that deterrents are useful as long as they are economical. We need to feed our families first, and then be concerned with defense. If you have specific proposals I would be interested in taking a look at them.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Baloogan posted:

we need a gap or the tides get all hosed up

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

If you give more geographic specifics people might be able to do your heavy lifting of researching the posts you might run for in your area.

I mean I won't, but someone might.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ramc posted:

If you give more geographic specifics people might be able to do your heavy lifting of researching the posts you might run for in your area.

I mean I won't, but someone might.

well I'm not gonna doxx myself unless it becomes super useful for me to do so.

I am from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampden_County,_Massachusetts

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Zyla posted:

Ending Reverse Racism at all levels, because all live matter

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Will you protect my right to have sex with any caliber firearm of preference?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Will you protect my right to have sex with any caliber firearm of preference?

Whatever happens in the privacy of your own home with consenting adults, in my opinion, is not under the purview of the government

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm gonna start tweeting like crazy!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Baloogan posted:

stfu

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i happen to kno an out of werk ACORN pimp who may be an asset to ur campaign team...interested?

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Oh yeah well I'm gonna runna gainst u what what what now?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think we should blow up the moon. How are you going to make that happen?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Zyla posted:

I think that deterrents are useful as long as they are economical. We need to feed our families first, and then be concerned with defense. If you have specific proposals I would be interested in taking a look at them.

very diplomatic. this guy's got the instinct!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
what is your opinion on federal data centers, re:consolidation

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldnt vote a goon into office if he was the last canidate on earth

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Zyla posted:

well I'm not gonna doxx myself unless it becomes super useful for me to do so.

I am from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampden_County,_Massachusetts

good job on living in one of those counties with no local government, your work is cut out for you

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goon president

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Keep it simple, steal Corbyns bits, for the many not the few, hammer on single payer now and call your GOP opponent a blood sucking freak

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

I wouldnt vote a goon into office if he was the last canidate on earth

You probably already have tbh

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Zyla posted:

Whatever happens in the privacy of your own home with consenting adults, in my opinion, is not under the purview of the government

im running an abortion clinic out of my living room,.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
This one's actually real easy do a big bank rob then use the publicity to push a big bank robbin' platform. It'll work I'm tellin' ya!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
There ain't no rules that say a cat can't be a senator.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

reignofevil posted:

There ain't no rules that say a cat can't be a senator.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stubbs_(cat)

they just gotta have a good sob story

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
My platform:
- Extinction

Thank u.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
1. join the dsa
2. yard signs
4. go on cumtown (and chapo I guess)

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
posters rights!!!!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
What's your position on avocado farming and turtle conservation?

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
have you been to the Berkshires/how do you feel about the Berkshires

editL nvm that is where you are. I visited a small town in Mass and noticed that there were a lot of junkies and not a lot of stuff to do. what will you do to fix this problem?

Les Os has issued a correction as of 12:54 on Jul 16, 2017

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Thank you for this.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-human_electoral_candidates

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

you're in western mass so hand out heroin to voters

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
let's do it

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
I debated running for city alderman since my city is attempting to grow a cooperative enterprise sector of the economy.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Zyla posted:

Hi! I'm Zyla. I'm a far-left Something Awful poster with at least a moderate level of charisma in real life.

I haven't had a job in a while so I figured I could run for office to get something going.

In this thread I hope to build a grassroots goon movement, and possibly hire most of you all to manage my outreach and help me find winning positions and indeed, a job.

I live in Western Massachusetts, and I don't know what would be most advantageous to run for, in terms of a specific office. I have little to no experience in anything, beyond posting, and a law degree.

But Donald Trump is our president, so gently caress it, there are no limits.

If you all could give me good advice, i would appreciate it. I don't want to follow bad advice and lose an election because of it. Like Hillary Clinton.

What I currently believe in:

Pro-Choice
Healthcare for All
Ending Systemic Racism at all levels
[More to come]

Thank you and Mod Bless you.

Zyla Q. Zylington, ESQ

:yeah:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

got too depressed to continue

maybe we'll try again when I don't think the world is a bleak hellhole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
*interrupts public event, jumps on stage and grabs mic and starts doing an Andrew Dice Clay impression*

*video goes viral*

*gets elected into public office*

• Locked thread