Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hello Sailor posted:

I'm operating under the assumption that the OP's car cost rather more than $2k, given that it was described as a "dream car" and they were getting salty about cat footprints on the hood. I'm guessing they're spending about $500-600/mo between the loan payment + increased cost of insurance.

I despise libertarians and don't agree with their financial beliefs, but thanks for playing.

Where do you live that that kind of money can get you a house with a garage?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hello Sailor posted:

I currently live in a small college town and an extra $200/mo in rent would make the difference between my 2 BR apartment with covered parking versus a 3 BR house with a garage. I moved here from Kansas City, where an extra $400/mo would have made the difference between my 1 BR apartment with lot parking and a luxury 1 BR with a garage. I moved to KC from coastal Georgia in 2011; $500 more a month would have made the difference there.

So, probably anywhere in the midwest with a greater metropolitan population of 2M or less?

Non-bird animal crap on your car is probably from raccoons.

The median in the northern Virginia area, where I live, is $1500 a month for a one bedroom apartment. My two bedroom townhome with two parking spots and no garage was a hair under 300k, which was a hell of a deal. I've seen three bedroom townhomes with garages for 450+ grand.

I say this not to provoke a dickwaving contest, for my dick is tiny and shriveled. I'm just saying that for a lot of folks a garage is less feasible than even a very nice car.

Edit: it's worth mentioning that if you math out where people fly to and from where, Virginia is actually the most flown over state :v:

• Locked thread