Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Some people don't want outdoor cats making GBS threads in their sandbox, sitting on their cars or eating the neighborhood birds. Source: as a kid one of my chores was to ping bbs off of the metal pole our birdfeeder was mounted on to scare off our rear end in a top hat neighbor's outdoor cats.

If you have an outdoor cat you are dramatically shortening its lifespan, contributing to the mass extinction of songbirds and are just generally sort of a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Can a cat person explain to me why they feel like it's okay in urban and suburban areas for them to just let the cat outside the door and let it wander all over everyone else's property and the roads? Because my interpretation as a not-cat person is basically this:

"I'm a huge irresponsible dickhead who doesn't give a poo poo about all the terrible things that can happen to this animal that I supposably like until after they happen."

I mean do people not know the death rate for feral cats? I can get not caring about other people's property or wildlife, that's a pretty normal level of callousness here, but what about your pet?

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 22, 2017

• Locked thread