Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I came across this show last week and have been marathoning the first couple seasons. The CGI and makeup for The Master is hilariously awful and it seems as though they're doubling down on the hilariously 80s-looking "glowing red eyes" effect.

Also I lost my poo poo entirely when I realized that, at the finale of season 1, everybody piled back into the same lovely box truck full of stale hot dog buns - which has to be one of the most unsafe vehicles you could possibly choose during a zombie/vampire apocalypse, on top of totally not being made for a group of people to ride around in.. Budgetary reasons, maybe?

And despite not having even got 3 episodes into season 2 yet, I'm already pleased to hear that Zach will die. He got both fat AND annoying in the "only a few days" which seem to have passed since the finale of season 1.

TheAbortionator posted:

Eichhorst was ideologically never really for team humanity.

I think it was season 1 where he gives his whole "The master is everything team Hitler was supposed to be" speech and planted his flag firmly for genocide. (that or he just realllllly doesnt like Jews and Setrakian by extension)
FYI, this happened in Season 2, episode 2, when he's trynig to recruit the Nazi doctor with the antiques shop. There were no speeches about the master being the new hitler until they revealed the origins of the cane sword (and explained why it wasn't 5 feet long since it had been "made for a giant").

muscles like this! posted:

In season 3 they reveal that the first two seasons took place over a really short period of time. By season 3 the infection was known widely known about and now in this season it has become public knowledge.
This is pretty obvious, because Eichhorst still has a visible wound (which is even mentioned by Palmer when he's feeling ballsy) from being shot in the face, at the beginning of season 2, they're still driving around a bread truck full of bread which hasn't gone moldy yet, and because Kelly hasn't even lost her hair yet - which seemingly happens for almost all vampires (except the big goth singer dude) within 48 hours or so.

The son obviously spent a long summer eating Twinkies, though.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Oh wow, season 2 has been pretty awful. I haven't seen Zach in like 3 or 4 episodes though so that's a plus.

One weird trope that this show has in scads to me, is the "the cast are apparently the only people on the planet", because it's kind of bizarre how the dude who was buying boosted cars and haggling and insulting someone over a couple hundred bucks - is also apparently a capo-level kingpin who has millions of dollars on hand, and can literally acquire anything from a handful of uzis, to a nuclear warhead, to a magical tome of mystery power. It's kind of jarring how no matter how things escalate, this one dude is so goddamn hard that he's just an underworld kingpin who nobody fucks with, ever. Except for the boxer guy! He's got amazing plot armor, I love him!

The "Goodweather infects the vampires with a man made plague," subplot was pretty funny when it all led to an utter wet fart and was forgotten immediately.

Currently I'm up to the flashbacks of Eichhorst the Radio Salesman (nearing finale of season 2), his failed attempt at leading a normal life because he's a bigoted loser, and some really line-pushing vampire-cunnilingus-rape stuff for an FX show. I'm sort of glad that this season is almost over for me, with Eichhorst being both the highlight and the worst at the same time in the same episode. :psyduck:

When did Martinez get a haircut? Or was "cutting my hair to be a badass", just a part of being the gang now?

Boxer dude continues to be the underdog star of the show, I could watch a whole show about his escapades tbh, just running around being real, dealing with day to day bullshit of people who aren't a world class hacker, or a CDC doctor, or a crazy pest exterminator cum philosopher (who reminds me strongly of Artyom from the Metro 2033 novels).
I remember this and I remember it clearly being a gag, it didn't really strike me as particularly special or funny. So he's buying premium on someone else's card? v:shobon:v

People rememebr different things with different priorities, I guess.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 21, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm about halfway through Season 3 now, it's better than Season 2..

Will Eichhorst's hand grow back? If it does, that would mean that the Nazi doctor might conceivably come back, which would be cool I liked his cowardly rear end. Losing the hand was such a weird thing to happen out of nowhere that I can't see them going Jamie Lannister over it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Holy poo poo, did Zach just kill more people than Hitler? :psypop:

The actor playing Palmer clearly had a really good time being The Master though, his facial contortions were really something.

• Locked thread