Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
so they decided to double down on the kid being the worst piece of poo poo ever committed to a TV screen by not even giving him a guilty conscience?

An interesting choice, to put it kindly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

muscles like this! posted:

Remember, he's been constantly messed with by the Master what with his mom running around looking normal (before Eph killed her) and being pretty much completely insulated from all the bad stuff the vampires do.

Points at which he should have been tipped off or shown some degree of incredulousness, an abridged list:
- his mom tried to eat his father
- his mom tried to eat another kid
- his mom tried to eat him
- his mom's minions tried to eat everybody he's ever known
- the vampires nuked the world
- as a pet, the vampires got him a grotesque homunculus formed from the rotting flesh and bone of a crushed and desecrated corpse of an orphan by a man eating demon in service of evil supernatural worms

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hm, maybe he's a misunderstood teenager...

maybe even the showrunners call him "the evilest character on television": " Zack is hopefully one of the evilest child characters in the history of television. And who better than to mentor him than a giant parasitic, vampiric creature?"

http://screenrant.com/the-strain-zack-goodweather-evil-character-child-the-master-final-season/

The fact that they themselves realize it makes me have some hope for the show's future, even though merely knowing a character is intended to be terrible doesn't make his presence less unpleasant.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That yellow "postapocalyptic" filter they are using this season is one of the worst artistic decisions I've ever seen on TV, seriously, it looks like somebody puked all over the screen. It is made even worse by the sharp shadows everybody casts in some scenes, even though the effect is supposed to simulate an overcast - it's not only ugly, it's also cheap as hell.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

muscles like this! posted:

In the restaurant scene you could see that it is just a stump.

I'm not feeling this season that much, it just feels way too slowed down. Especially since it is the final season.

Eh, I dunno, the previous seasons had the weird issues of being too fast and too slow at the same time, like they had no concept of what they were going for. This time they actually seem to be following a certain rhythm, but I honestly don't see how they could wrap up everything in the remaining episodes...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lol, poor Eichhorst just can't catch a break, can he

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Zach is just an innocent child, you can't blame him for having a pleading young woman murdered by a monster summoned by demons from hell!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
RIP Eichhorst, the greatest slapstick star of our generation.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAbortionator posted:

Eichhorst was ideologically never really for team humanity.

I think it was season 1 where he gives his whole "The master is everything team Hitler was supposed to be" speech and planted his flag firmly for genocide. (that or he just realllllly doesnt like Jews and Setrakian by extension)

Palmer and Desai were more the fare weather fiend type.

In the novel Palmer decided to kill off all humans because he never got laid.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Master should have taught more of his vampires how to use guns.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There was supposed to be a whole religious dimension to the story, without it the Lumen is indeed a total red herring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

coyo7e posted:

And despite not having even got 3 episodes into season 2 yet, I'm already pleased to hear that Zach will die. He got both fat AND annoying in the "only a few days" which seem to have passed since the finale of season 1.

Oh, you have no idea what horrors await you.

• Locked thread