Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

I'll take a chapter. I've never painted a space marine, what could go wrong? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

JBP posted:

I thought this said Stealth Cars :(

You want me to paint it like a Prius?

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

I need some help with the STEALTH SCARS.

Baby's first space marine!

Decided to try my new Scale75 colors and learned that Baal Crimson is actually pink.

Welp, since the color names don't make any sense I'll hit it with Hastur Purple, then highlight again with the pink.

Much better. Next I blocked in some colors and was pretty happy:

This is where I need help. For the stealth effect, I tried to do a lightning bolt thing to break up the cloak-to-red transition. I've never done one of these before, and it ended up being harder then I thought.

On the back and shoulder I changed from a single hard line to a multiple forks, thinking it might help, but... meh.

Any advice or tips so I can wrap this guy up?

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Groetgaffel posted:

This is my first time ever painting a marine, and also my first time trying to freehand anything.
In addition, this is the first thing I've painted in close to a year. It felt real nice to just do a fun one-off.

He looks awesome!

I finally got around to basing mine, so I guess the STEALTH SCARS are complete as well:

...now I just have to explain to my wife why there's the Dark Imperium box + 4 other boxes of space marines on my workbench :v:

• Locked thread