Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
We have the parts, I think it's the actual wiring that's giving my boss trouble, which is why he's trying to track down a manual. Thanks though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
:shrug: I'm just a cashier, boss man says 'hey yggi could you find a manual for this thing' and I said I'd give it a shot because I have a pretty good track record of digging up technical manuals online.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well you inherit the first one from your rich dad who decided to retire, and then you decide to be 'out of town' whenever an invoice comes in and then have a 'business meeting' in Vegas and then when for some reason paychecks start bouncing, well, it's definitely because your store is failing and not because you just bought fancy Italian shoes. And while you string along your gullible employees you open another place on a different street. And then do this like again I guess.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
For dumbest personal injury, I once cut my hand open while unscrewing a plastic jar of relish. Still don't know how I pulled that one.

For dumbest injury I wasn't responsible for, I once had a coworker drop a pair of metal tongs into a deep fryer, fish them out with a second pair of tongs, and then try to grab the first pair with his bare hand.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've picked up the habit of announcing 'KNIFE' whenever I have one, be it making stew at my Mom's house or absolutely goddamn alone in my own kitchen. There's probably worse habits to have.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
...How many restaurants have a xerox machine, though?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I wear nursing scrubs for pants, they're great.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

JacquelineDempsey posted:

After some explanation (and laughter on our part), he finally confessed that he always thought green tomatoes were their own breed, like granny smith vs red delicious apples. This from a man born and raised in the South, who's worked WAY more restaurants than this Yankee poster who never encountered a fried green tomato until I started working here.

This is been both very enlightening and confusing for me because there are absolutely tomatoes that ripen green, "Aunt Ruby's German Green", my mom grows them in her backyard and I've eaten them. So I've been making the same assumptions that Mark has. I guess in my defense I'm in Ontario, so fried green tomatoes aren't a staple. Anyway I guess I learned something today.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've injured myself more on the plastic ribbon poo poo than on anything we have in the actual kitchen.

This poo poo-

Not the tomato slicer, not the cucumber mandolin, not the horrible machine that eats onions and fingers, no its the stupid plastic that shreds me every time I help unpack poo poo.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Our cut gloves used to mysteriously vanish but that stopped when we switched from chainmail to whatever the fiber ones are made of. I'm basically the only person who ever uses them either way.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I remember one delightful span when our radio did a top ten countdown every x hours and Adele was, like, three of them. Just cleaning tables, doing absurd math about how many times I heard her every week. To this day Rolling in the Deep could probably activate a killswitch in my brain.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know what the deal is in other countries but in Canada if you serve a burger under 71°C the health inspectors will have your rear end. The explanation I've been given is that the ground beef... Grinding process means any bacteria that was only on the outside of the meat may have gotten inside so it's gotta be at e.coli killing temps the whole way through.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm in a fast food place as opposed to a 'real' restaurant so that might make a difference.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm never sure if fast food people should be posting here or in the retail thread

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Jesus Christ allergic to onions and garlic. Every food allergy I learn about is another tragedy. Like the person I know who can't have corn.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
(disclaimer, this isn't someone I know personally, I just follow her blog)

Corn Syrup is a problem. but the bigger problem is corn flour, corn starch, eco-friendly corn 'plastic', corn-derived xantham gum... between that and the wheat and sesame allergies, she has to home cook nearly everything and is extremely cranky about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I genuinely don't care what music people play in the kitchen anymore, life's too short for me to be annoyed about nu metal or whatever. however if I start hearing low-battery alerts, notification noises or god help me Spotify/YouTube ads I should be allowed to eat or at least confiscate your Bluetooth speaker.