Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Do you have any suggestions for serving chioggia beets (other than raw or lightly sauteed slices)? The place I'm at currently roasts them whole which of course leaves them entirely pink, defeating the purpose of using chioggias :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

I've been in the industry for 8 years now and I had a killer interview today and I'm leaving the kitchen to move into the purchasing department at another hotel. I'm so excited to have weekends off, a constant schedule, and not to be on my feet all day. I'm psyched to develop inventory systems, teach peeps about FIFO, and plan my life more than a week out. AAAAHHHH!

Sorry I can't contribute to phenylketoneuria chat, I'm just real happy to only cook for my friends from now on.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

My favorite brunch order was always the hard-poached eggs. How gross!

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Dimloep posted:

All dine-in restaurants and bars in Ohio are to close indefinitely at 9 PM today.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

Illinois too, starting EOD Monday.

The hotel I work for is on a barebones crew, maybe 70% of employees have zero hours from this week until ???

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

What about underage employees or people who don't drink? What about actually paying your staff a living wage instead of giving them each a shift beer?

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Canuckistan posted:

My first thought was 'holy poo poo, where can you get a round of beers for 6 bucks'.

Restaurant by me that does it just pools all the funds and sends someone to the nearest Walgreens at the end of the night for a couple 30-racks or bottles of Jameson.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

When I was BOH we only knew of the regulars that made more work for us, like "plain broccoli and 4 poached eggs at 6pm when I don't have poaching water going anymore" guy. gently caress that guy regardless of how much he tipped.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

I've had that with a peanut sauce and it kicked rear end. You might need to play around with a couple different sauces, maybe thickened and thus emulsified with short grain rice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Place by me used to offer gyro sausage as a topping, I'd always get that, onion, and roast garlic. Amazing!

I wish I'd had a dipper of tzatiki though