Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I really need to ask for a raise.

But I'm scared of the response.

Sigh....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Everywhere I've worked, the owners want to stop you at 40 hours so you don't get the overtime pay.

It's hilarious to me, because I went and got a second job to fill in my free time and the owner of my primary job doesn't get that....

It's an America thing.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
As a man who works FOH you basically just give the same respect to the BOH as they give you...

They can make all the jokes they want. And I'll give it right back. Mostly I don't even acknowledge them because why bother.

All i want is for the place to run like a well oiled machine and we good.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I have to say if you work in the pit you gotta have good footwear.

Last week, I was taking back dishes and straight up ate poo poo. I'm talking full on fell backwards dishes breaking everywhere and the whole staff looking at me.

Dishwasher pulled me up by the boot straps and we laughed.

America.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I took the next two days off and hell it feels good.

I don't think I've had a Saturday / Sunday combo off in years.

*Someone is def calling out Sunday and I'll have to come in*

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yo on the topic of "work out interviews" my second job tried to pull this bullshit with a dishwasher.

Yeah we wanna see if your rear end can handle the dish pit for 7 hours with no pay.

One, I'm pretty sure thats illegal as gently caress. Second, gently caress you for even thinking that's ok.

Jesus Christ people...

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
We just got the health inspection...

Men. I was not here for this event. And the guys tried, they really did.

Grade B: 87.5

Ehhhhh. gently caress.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol:

We hired some guy this morning and he quit in ten minutes....

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sadly I didn't even get his name.

The food truck came in and he was like "oh gently caress this poo poo isn't for me"

RIP.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Republicans posted:

One of our servers rushed through our kitchen to the back door facing the bathroom in a very urgent, panicked manner. About fifteen minutes later I go to the bathroom and find someone has explosively shat on the handicap stall floor. One of the other cooks went to check on him at some point and found him outside where he was coaxed back to work.

Would intentionally making diarrhea noises with a squeeze bottle when he's present be too mean?

I'm sorry but :lol:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Got fired from my dream job after I hit my head, passed out, and went on autopilot thanks to my anxiety meds and scared the poo poo out of everyone and drank a whole bottle of tequila.

Reason for termination? My potentially mind altering PRESCRIBED medications could be a clear and present danger to myself and others.

e: oh sure, I'll just stop taking those so I can go back to being a binge drinking ball of stress.

lol Owns.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If you live anywhere near a costal beach town you will kill it during the summer.

But once the season ends and winter comes it's dead as gently caress.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao people in America making $8-9 dollars an hour busting rear end.

But ya knoww, we just don't understand....

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jesus.....

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
All I wanna say is that i was slammed busy yesterday.

I did not stop moving from 10-10. Even got bitched at cause I needed a break for 15 minutes from 4 to 4:15.....

Holy poo poo. Let's do it again today!!!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Been in the industry almost 15 years now.

I work everyday doubles. I don't make much but I love the work outside the little bullshit.

Why? What's up?

I love this thread cause we are all pretty much regulars here and know the business.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Naelyan posted:

It's not all about you, AMAHD. We'll call you when someone wants to get down.

That reminds me that on Friday night I took a random Uber ride 20 mins away from downtown to the beach and oooh boy.

The two girls were wasted and we were all making out and having fun and yeah.

They ended up disappearing and I went home alone. Good times.

The most somber moment was when the wasted girl asked the old uber driver what was up and he was like My Wife Just Died....

:aaa:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My job didn't pay the rag guys...

So they asked me if I could walk down the street carrying a 10 LB garbage bag and a gallon of bleach to the Laundry Matt...

It looked like I just committed a double homicide.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is this a high a volume place?

I'm at a smaller shop and we just handle our own cash.

I can't imagine the poo poo show that is a high volume bar / restaurant. I mean cash and cards are just going everywhere.

And everyone is drunk. Lol.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I also forgot that college classes start back up this week and everyone in the drat country floods the towns.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Uhhhhh yeah gently caress that.....

This Industry :suicide:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I have to work with a women all day who is going to be fired at the end of the night...

Woof.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hope it all works out CDC.

You a good dude. I'm surprised you are even alive after TWO hit by car on bike events.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
People honestly have no loving patience anymore and you can see it everyday.

I honestly see people lose their poo poo cause OMG I HAD TO WAIT 3 MINUTES!!!!

Chill out everyone.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol.

Yeah I'll do some pills every now and then but I'm not prescribed to anything.

Whatever helps you out though. I just start my day out with a long walk and some orange juice and go from there.

Oh gently caress it's Labor Day weekend. :suicide:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Mandatory meeting tomorrow at 9 o clock. The same meeting we have every year. Going over the same poo poo management says every meeting. Ugh.

gently caress. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Meeting wasn't bad. It was basically the owners saying don't go to us if there is a problem go to the GM.

Problem is all the women will still run to Kori if something doesn't go there way. It's a never ending cycle.

I just sat there and laughed in my head knowing I've went full circle.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lol buddy that is not what happened at all. In fact I don't even know what you are talking about.

Everyone in the shop has just been gossiping and running off to the owners and the GM is like what the gently caress come to me.

It's stupid work politics. They do this every year after Labor Day.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm currently a bit in trouble with my job because of drinking. Haven't lost any shifts or anything.

But I guess it's fine that everyone else is hosed up on:

Weed, Pills, Marriage issues, child support, drinking, not showing up to work, paying us poo poo wages...

But me trying to have some cold ones after working 12 hour days IS THE PROBLEM. ..

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol.

Bro, I'd rather die in the streets then bankrupt my family, because of medicinal coast...

Sad. But true.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Drinking off work at my home.

I mostly blame my roommate for this poo poo cause she works with me, and tells management.

Pretty annoying cause I don't and two what I do at home has nothing to do with work.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ok one thing that pissed me off this week. And let me know if I'm on the wrong here:

Online restaurant reviews: Ok I get it. If the service was absolute dog poo poo make the petty comment that will gently caress over a person. Great!

But, I got one this week because my keg emptied in the middle of dinner rush and gave him a half beer and said we're changing the keg and I can offer you anything else.

This dude goes online and complains to ownership.

THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF MY JOB IS TO SERVE YOU! SO TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!

gently caress! It's not that hard. Jesus Christ.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Same eggs rolls. Sir this is an Italian restaurant.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
All this does is want me to travel to Canada.

It sounds chill.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This is gonna sound bad but bear with me.

I almost hosed up the other day, cause we're opening a new store and signed on a new partner.

Well him and his wife and 2 other couples who are with the partner come in yesterday to train.

No one tells me poo poo. So I had no clue, but I was getting flirty with one of them.

Thank god my bro who I've worked with for ten years was like "THATS THE PARTNERS WIFE"

I immediately took a hard left. Woof.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wait it's Canada Thanksgiving day???!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The cheese curd meme

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, those meetings can go two ways. Either it's this is the poo poo that needs to get done.

Or,

Sorry everyone we are closing the shop.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol:

Also yeah just get the vac sealed mussels from the distributor. They hold up well and aren't bad either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, I really do hate hooking up with co workers.

Don't poo poo where you eat.

But everyone else is doing it and I've recently got involved with the new phone girl. I got with her on the first day.

Jesus Christ. What!