Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

respectfully though if you don't think we already run our own 24/7 drug den kink show every week you aren't that familiar with it. it'd be so much more revolutionary if you forced one of us to eat a carrot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Wroughtirony posted:

I need a new restaurant home.

I'm also looking at booze distributors and winery/brewery/distillery operations for sales rep jobs, but those are a bit harder to find. I've been talking to one brewery who says they want me to open up territory for them in my county, but they suck at returning emails and I'm not sure how serious they are.

Give me all of your advice and suggestions. I've run through my savings and need something, but I'm not happy with what I've got right now.

i would really suggest continuing to follow up with them or widening your search to other breweries/wineries etc. i've known a few people who pivoted to this and seem really happy.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

one of the servers has launched an official complaint against our kitchen manager. this guy straight sucks but i think the most egregious complaints from FOH is he's only nice to you if he's trying to actively sleep with you, which excludes all the women over 28 or so, all the men, and anyone who has turned him down. if he doesn't want to gently caress you or you haven't been trying to pretend like you want to gently caress him, he will deliberately ignore you, push you, or in my case, lock me outside in the rain while having a smoke. poo poo like that.

for me personally, i was in a meeting once with the head hostess (who has known him for years and who he is inexplicably scared of) and he said something to the effect of, "if i don't like someone here i go out of my way to make them quit," so i know he's aware of how he's behaving. the reason i haven't brought anything up is because a) i know people have said something before by themselves and been retaliated against and b) the last time i reported a manager at a different bar for sex pestery i was also retaliated against.

it'll be interesting to see if anything comes from this but i honestly loving doubt it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

st patricks day (or the saturday before anyway) with two bartenders, three servers, one manager and 0 support staff in a 500 seat restaurant

i am so tired

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

bloody ghost titty posted:

Let me guess, 40% ten tops of people going out on the town wearing matching (ish) green t-shirts that say "slainte, y'all" or something.

you know what's so weird? it wasn't. it was almost entirely 20-30 yr old european tourists, and the only ones slamming back green beer and fireball was the 20 top in the bar/cocktail section. one of the servers got a 35 top walk in (!!) of people who had just left a wedding reception. it was a weird night.

oh also i had to comp like $200 worth of booze because the day manager decided to also sit in the cocktail section and get completely hosed up. i'm a little pissed with staff members who decide to stay after their shifts on busy nights rather than like, go next door the chain place that has $5 pints all night.

e: also, side note, no one but me thought it was funny that we, an english pub, had danish beer on special for st. patrick's day. idk.

cash crab fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 17, 2024

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

i left before their table closed out (i was the second shift bartender), and i know one of them tipped well but i am not sure about said manager. she can be a wild card when she gets drunk (another reason i immediately dipped at 12:30 once i finished stock), but i will find out when i get my tips today. also she was supposed to be on today from 2-10, lol

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Coasterphreak posted:

I seriously hate when three dozen people drop with no warning. Like, can none of you grab the cellular device in your pocket and give a heads up?

The worst was when I worked off a major interstate and we’d get entire sports teams dropped on us with zero warning in off hours.

The best was when Steph Curry brought his entire rehearsal dinner to my place for lunch, that was loving cool (and it just so happened to be on a day that literally the best people in the store were all working at the same time, so it was smooth as gently caress)

my response is always the same which is “how do you coordinate 25 adults getting together but none of y’all can call the restaurant”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Wroughtirony posted:

Oh my place will happily gently caress staff by taking parties of any size with no warning.

We also don't auto-grat large parties.

Get me out of here.

i literally quit from one place for that. also my tips went into a debit card that charged me money to get said tips.