Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

He just wants to supervise, make sure everyone's having a good time. And if something just so happens to :airquote: accidentally :airquote: fall on the ground, well, he'll make sure any evidence is gone by the time the health inspector comes around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

No Wave posted:

Yeah it's kind of incredible that I've paid restaurant prices for carbonara and they're still too cheap to add the peas.

Nah, the worst part is when you have the peas, but they don't even bother to add the cream. Like, I can get being stingy because good cream's expensive, but geez.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Hey, so this is fairly local to me, so I can add on a few neat little tidbits that might be glossed over on the national level.

Like for one, the employees were so fed up with the owner that they were already planning on walking out at the end of Restaurant Week (which is a local celebration of all of the neat little places that have popped up in recent years in downtown Troy), the whole payroll issue just moved things up quickly. There were also long-standing issues between the owner and both the head chef and ops manager, including cutting pay with no provocation by up to 50%. Also, apparently the head chef was on the sex offender registry as a level 3 sex offender (though his crime was back in '04), and on top of trying to blame millennials for his woes the owner also dropped that bomb to one of the local papers as well.

So yeah, while I'm not really trying to stan for a kiddie toucher, dude seemed to be getting his poo poo together and just ended up working for a chode. Payroll issues caused by this other payroll place basically up and evaporating is just fuel for the fire.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

re-up on the article with the owner's responses: https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/The-Shop-s-owner-goes-on-attack-against-former-14432297.php

hth

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Manuel Calavera posted:

Primus & the Chocolate Factory with the Fungi Ensemble. I absolutely love that album. Have you seen the video for Candy Man? It's so loving trippy as is anything Les does.

I'm kind of a Primus fan, not like, a super fan, but can definitely get behind some of their stuff, and holy poo poo I was not expecting... whatever this album was. I was way more worried about it being work-safe and was totally not expecting what I think is either a cello/bass/some string instrument OR a cow mooing in the background of this song.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Tsathoggua posted:

Both cheques cleared properly!

Haven't set foot in the old place since, should at some point because I should probably return their master key..

Couldn't you just put it up on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist or something anonymously, auction it off to the highest bidder, and just tag the old place in the description? I mean, if they were really that bad, might as well make them pay for it both figuratively and literally.

Also, who the gently caress is Radiohead?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

quote:

What's almost worse are the people who will camp a table for an hour after close because they're enjoying their special night, oblivious to the fact that the only people left are staff and everything has been shut down around them.

I've been with a group like that once, going out to an AYCE sushi place for my birthday, and yeah it's kinda awkward to be a part of that. In that particular situation I was the one trying to put a foot in people's asses to get them going and out the door, specifically to avoid being exactly that. Definitely no fun for like, half the people who're done and wanna jet, so I can only imagine how frustrating it's gotta be on the other end.

In any case, for those who're working today, from a retail dork to restaurant people, I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible. Good luck.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Mithross posted:

I also have to admit there’s a small amount of spite in what I’m doing. Since I really would love it if I could make this job work out, as unlikely as that seems long term, and since we do have a strong HR department, I might as well see what other very unprofessional things she wants to send me in an email. Telling me I shouldn’t have visited my wife in the ER is a good start, but when/if I leave, I would love to dump a huge mess of HR trouble on her for her behavior. I won’t stay in a bad situation or risk my goals for it... but I wouldn’t mind at all if it works out.

Hell yeah, spite is a drat fine motivator. Not only do you get to see people bring really lovely and can shittalk them back without giving a gently caress, but if you do it right (and it's looking like you are), you can also gently caress them super hard on your way out too. Once you hit that point of not giving a poo poo, it's almost like a fuckin Zen realization, it feels that good.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Well, in hopes of lightening the mood, I found this and figured you guys would get a kick out of it.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Cleaning dishes in a sink full of soapy, sudsy water, and at one point I pull out a glass to rinse it off and notice the dish water's a nice, bright fire-engine red. I look down at my right hand, and I'd apparently almost sliced the muscle right off the bone off of my pinky finger. Come to find out, there was a glass cup with a divot taken out of the lip, maybe a half-inch all the way around, but sharp as a motherfucker. No ligament damage, thankfully, and with enough superglue and gauze it held for the rest of the night under a glove. Didn't end up requiring stitches either, and still retains full functionality, albeit with a wicked scar. It's mostly healed in the decade-and-a-half since, but I can definitely notice it if I bend my finger just the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

A lot of places around where I am also do gyros as well as pizza, but not a one of them has a gyro pizza. Tzatziki instead of marinara, kinda like a white pizza, with tomatoes, gyro meat and feta baked off, and topped with shredded lettuce after it comes out.

Iunno, I think it sounds good. Though I do like your spicy Thai pizza too, and might try that myself.