Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Had the most infuriatingly-paced day yesterday. Slammed from 8-12 then juuuuuuust busy enough to keep you on the line constantly with no time to do dishes or prep. Every time I finish a ticket and I take two steps toward the pit another comes in and I suppress the urge to yell fuckwords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Found a living ladybug in a head of iceberg today. :3:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oh Christ. Someone said they spotted cockroaches in the golf course garage, which is the bottom half of the building the restaurant is in. I hope the boric acid I keep down for the ants also keeps them the gently caress out but I just know they're gonna come up through the water pipes or something horrible.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

One of our servers rushed through our kitchen to the back door facing the bathroom in a very urgent, panicked manner. About fifteen minutes later I go to the bathroom and find someone has explosively shat on the handicap stall floor. One of the other cooks went to check on him at some point and found him outside where he was coaxed back to work.

Would intentionally making diarrhea noises with a squeeze bottle when he's present be too mean?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

THE MACHO MAN posted:

oh god

and because he was working, I assume he wasnt' the poor son of a bitch who cleaned that??

The golf course staff maintains the bathroom so I'm gonna say it makes us even for making special meals for the vegan guy they have.

Left a helluva stain, too.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Co-workers followed me around for 3 hours taking photos and video taping me

When this is all over and you've retired early on your lawsuit/settlement monies promise you'll share these.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Hey guys tell me if this math works out.

I have a 7 lbs choice bone in rib roast sitting in the tepid puddle machine at 134. I plan on leaving it there for the next 24 hours.

Is this the right temp and time for this you think?

A hundo and twenty F for five days. drat thing's gonna cut with a spoon.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Discendo Vox posted:

I have never been to as many brand new, completely doomed restaurants as I have over the past month in Charleston, SC.

Remember when you were excited to see a pho place open near you for the first time?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hey, something's gotta replace all those dreams where you're back in school with a bunch of classes you never attended.

Just kidding, those never go away. They do stop bothering you eventually, though.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Trebuchet King posted:

ok pet peeve posting time:

when i'm setting up the patio, and it's half an hour until we open for service, and i've told you that, but you just lurk watching me set up for half an hour. it's like, would you turn up early at a friend's when they invite you over for dinner so you can watch them clean and set up and poo poo?

I dunno, that sounds kinda funny. Especially if they whine loudly to themselves about how hungry they are.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Found a yo-yo I got from a Sysco vendor event and it reminded me of when my then-boss tried to take a full sized box of kosher salt that was part of a display, thinking it was a free sample.

You guys ever go to those? That guy loved nothing in the world more than free poo poo so he would go to every one and take me along in case he actually saw something he might want to try selling.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

One of my co-workers was gushing the other day about how UberEats delivers Shari's so she can get pie whenever she wants for just a $5 delivery fee. All i could think was "How much of that is the driver getting?"

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Now I'm imagining an old fashioned but mostly made of orange and cherry flesh mashed together into a pulp and it's eaten with a spoon.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Willie Tomg posted:

you sick fucks have me brainstorming Old Fashioned creme brulee now.

I was tilting towards a frozen treat like a sorbet or shaved ice.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone else get a weird sense of satisfaction when scraping caked-on grease from the sides of a fryer and it comes off in those long, clean strips?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

iospace posted:

So gross yet so awesome?

That and it kinda reminds me of that Eddie Izzard bit about when you saw a plank of wood and how when you get to the middle part it feels good.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

God I love it when we have events with prime rib so I can make myself a prime rib dip with the leftovers.

How do you guys feel about "prime rib" being synonymous with any standing rib roast regardless of grade? I always feel a twitch of guilt over it even though I know nobody really cares.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Probably the most egregious menu lie I've seen was from someone I worked for, who boasted "wood fired pizza" when it was made in a plain ol' gas pizza oven. Either people didn't notice or they didn't care enough to comment on it because it was still good pizza.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Willie Tomg posted:

I get to feel planar fascitis in one direction in the arch of my right foot, and another direction in the toes of my right foot. Which is weird because usually its the left that gives me trouble when it does.

Nothing like that excruciating limp to the bathroom first thing out of bed in the morning, eh?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Willie Tomg posted:

did you hack my webcam or something, jesus christ man

At least this time you weren't woken up three hours before the alarm by a leg cramp.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Everyone Who Has Ever Posted In This Thread At Once posted:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oh poo poo I have three days off next week, two of them consecutive.

I missed you, slow season.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So my boss asked one of the servers to type up some names/descriptions for our new specials. She handed this to me and asked me what I thought about it.

All I could manage to say was "It's fine and I hate it so much." Something about bacon and cheddar infused meatloaf broke my brain and I couldn't look at it without laughing hysterically. Like I was laughing so hard it just came out as a barely audible wheeze.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 6, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Half of our menu is golf puns.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Discendo Vox posted:

There's a lot of unnecessary capitalization in that menu.

Pitch & "Putt"Roast reminds me of how Trump tweets.

They all taste good, though, so I did my job.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Carillon posted:

Get high at Pike Place market?

If you do get some goodies at piroshky piroshky or mee sum pastry and eat them while watching the flying fish market guys work.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

As soon as I got the gravy for the pot roast special on the line a single word shot through my mind like lightning: Poutine.

Surely my boss wouldn't object to me ordering nearly $200 worth of Beechers cheese curds, right? Darn FSA won't split a case.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Turns out they sold cheaper curds, they just weren't searchable in their app for some reason.

Poutine's a hit, though. Just a shame I didn't think of it before we printed the specials menu so we'll just keep it on the chalkboard.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

JawKnee posted:

wait, aren't you like somewhere in the southern USA?

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION :canada:

Washington state, it's cool. We're next-door neighbors.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

We just got on UberEats this week and I was shocked at many people are willing to pay someone to get golf course food for them. Guess we're doing something right.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Millefeuille is one of those things I immediately want to try when I'm reminded it exists but I never have the opportunity. Probably just gonna have to make some one of these days, but I'd be kinda happy to never work with phyllo again after making baklava for almost four years.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Veterans love them some breakfast.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bussamove posted:

I had nothing but a table of regulars for two hours today because the city's Veteran's Day parade closed the street in front of us. :suicide: At least I had entertainment though!

You didn't get any of the parade crowd? A sister restaurant of ours is on a parade route and got slammed hard.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

You get some funny orders from UberEats when all the additions you can make to a sandwich are right in front of you and a tap away. Tonight someone ordered a reuben with cheddar, pepper jack and blue cheeses (along with the included swiss), bacon and avocado.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Main banquet lines, dry storage with rolling racks in the back, 3 fridges and blast chiller on the right, freezer around the corner, and 4th cooler behind me with 3 doors into it and the size of my apartment. Can't really get into anything, they're getting the vents up.and running and coolers as well.

Ugh, after years of working in kitchens where having more than three people in them feels overcrowded that place looks weird and scary to me.

Does the big cooler have a work area? One place i worked at did and I miss doing all my prep inside a refrigerated environment.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 16, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

No, of your grotesque hand.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Put in my notice today and even though I've been thinking of changing careers and getting into IT or something for a while now I'm still eager to just jump into a different kitchen. A golf course kitchen is pretty chill and easy but good lord is it boring. I badly need a change of scenery and more of a challenge.

The sushi place I like near me is hiring. I'm debating hitting them up or saying gently caress it and taking time off until after new years to start looking.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

UberEats is quickly becoming the bane of the existence for anyone on closing shift. Used to be the last hour before close rarely saw any food orders. Now we get all kinds of poo poo when we're trying to go the gently caress home.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Willie Tomg posted:

I have never heard an opinion of UberEats that was even remotely positive.

I was lucky there was another cook there last night for a cater in the banquet room because I got hit with three large ubers and a four top at the same time. Usually one cook is plenty sunday through thursday to work dinner and close but UberEats is loving with that pretty badly and making business very feast or famine.

Also I used them to get some weird BBQ place delivered once and it was horrible. The meat was dry and flavorless and the sauce tasted like imitation maple syrup. But it was delivered hot and quick so I can't fault UberEats for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

If you gotta look at your phone at work be a professional and do it on the toilet.