Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how the first thing you see when you're out of the tutorial is the 2 of Diamonds going to kill the guy you just saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Given that the masks seem to have some psychological influence on their wearers, it feels a little unfair of the Death dealer to be so disappointed.

Then again we didn't get any kind of power from Clay, so.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I loved Grinmaw's aesthetic. But it's kind of weird - blood lady thinks he's a player in this game, while the fish himself thinks he's just a pawn of the darker forces at work in this house?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...that was an unexpected ending. Kind of Patches, in a way.

Lafcadio's expression after he plays that music, though. Man, I wonder.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So we can pick locks and summon ghosts. Sweet. Doesn't seem like there's anything stopping us from walking out the front door, aside from all the death.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The heart and teardrop locks seem kind of odd. Aren't we... out of unique masks? Just the one more?

Though things don't seem as simple as just saving one more person.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's kind of weird that there isn't even a space in the "murder these fools" portrait gallery for Lafcadio, though. Maybe what the blood lady did to break us out was pretty drat complicated, on a metaphysical level?

Then again, the staff are more of a metaphysical danger to us than a physical one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

FoolyCharged posted:

I like their inversion of the normal color scheme assigned to angel one shoulder, devil on the other. The side promoting eternal punishment is in white and clean, while the side promoting compassion and empathy is red and literally dripping with blood. Right up until the end Lucas thinks this way of handling the guilt is the right one.

You know, I wonder if Lafcadio isn't supposed to be "the angel" here. Everyone's always happy to see him and he saves their lives. Though part of that, I suppose, is the blood-red lady who points him in the right direction.

I wonder how many times she's tried to remind him how happy they were not dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
They had something interesting going with the manacled lord but I WILL KILL YOU kind of ruined it.

Then again, addiction isn't nearly as subtle as people think it is.

• Locked thread