Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Thanks for the LP, Scruffy! To be honest, due to the name, this game would never have come up on my radar at all (the dangers of books and covers and all), but it turned out to be extremely my jam. The music is absolutely fantastic, and it's a real shame they don't have the OST available to purchase digitally. The environments are beautiful, but it's a little hard to appreciate with the camera zoomed out so far out. My only real gripe with the game is (as others have pointed out) I do wish the actually route to saving each victim was more involved/complicated/clever? It seems as much of the game time is just hiding and waiting and running from place to place without much direct player interaction. (I want more reasons to use our sick mask powers!) I think more complicated victim rescues would've driven home how comparatively "simple" the actual act of saving the Marquis is.

As an aside: Not like the victims got a whole lot of in depth characterization to begin with, but I really appreciate that they included an LGBT character without drawing attention to it beyond what was necessary for the plot. Redd Rockridge dying trying to save the person he cared about the most got just as much attention as his brother being willing to punch a giant fuckoff spider for his wife and it was treated just as normally. :unsmith:

(Though I do wish Clay had actually punched the spider. gently caress spiders.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread