Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
It seems to me, these mysteries are very lackluster. In the first one you had to do literally two things. In the second one, three things.

The first one had a lot of set-up that could have been used to make a sweet intro puzzle to prevent the murder: there's the second bullet and "plan B." And there's the killer checking the gun before. If the player just removed the bullet instead of replacing it with a blank, the killer will notice, and proceed. If the player doesn't somehow take care of the second bullet, the killer prevails again. If the player doesn't do something to get around plan B, the killer will dump a deadly bunch of contraceptives on the victim or whatever. All signaled beforehand, but also preventable using a bit of trial-and-error.

The second one could easily have half a dozen similar set-ups.

As it is, but that may just be the format, there's no mystery, there's no puzzle. There's just a big ol' "press here to continue" button, and a bit of following people around to find the button. And the button doesn't even seem that well signaled.

It's a shame because it seems like a cool setting, but after seeing the first puzzles, I can't really be bothered playing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Please let the reveal be more clever than "you were the killer all along…"

I like that the voodoo fish and giant spiders weren't real.

It would be neat if there's a second way to save each of the victims that allows us to save all of them. Not a boring "push this lever to save everybody" way, but an alternative solution we now have access to for everybody, so we can beat the clock.

• Locked thread