Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Arcomage posted:

It's pretty interesting. This video did hammer home the shape of things to come, I think. While you saved Clay and Trinity, it's also pretty clear that depending on what else you do during the day, you might not be able to save them in the same way next time (because, for example, that body might not slide down the shaft and panic Trinity, thus keeping her unaware of the spider until it's too late for Clay to come for her). I'm assuming that the end goal is to save everyone in a single run? I can see how the time limits might get pretty tight on that.

It looks like activating the camera immediately ended the day and saved the duo. A big end game plot where everyone gets saved sounds about right, but it would require new puzzles for sure. That said, theres 5 people left to save and 4 more powers to get, so the only way itll happen is if saving the last victim will involve saving the rest first like how trinity needs her husband here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

The blind woman's mask doesn't have eye holes, neat touch.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So how exactly did the murder happen there? Did her high note shatter the glass and cut her up? What causes her to bleed out and the player not to?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So we have a record laying around a couple updates ago and now access to a record player or two. Is it just a later puzzle solution or can you do fun things like give our pianist two nuisances to get angery over?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Im still wondering if the pc is Boone or just assuming his identity through masks.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Autumn should have kept his mask. That hat/metal combo makes him look like a dapper robot type.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

They said he was close and he was searching in/near the chapel, my guess is that its one of the rings we got this video.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

My extension of this question is, are we just psychic puppets manifested by a guilt complex, or has some supernatural malefactor (represented by Deuteronomy either as an agent or an avatar) actually kept the souls of the real individuals in some metaphysical purgatory to be murdered on loop for eternity just to torment the Marquis?

edit: in each chapter, we go on to saving another person or persons are part of the LP, but can you repeatedly save someone while you're trying to save someone else? If I swap the gun out before Sixpence gets shot, am I locked into his "save" cinematic even if I try to save Tequila from lethal laceration?

For the first bit, the tree room argues the latter.

For the second, unless there is some editing involved doing the solution immediately fades out to the victory cinematic.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I like their inversion of the normal color scheme assigned to angel one shoulder, devil on the other. The side promoting eternal punishment is in white and clean, while the side promoting compassion and empathy is red and literally dripping with blood. Right up until the end Lucas thinks this way of handling the guilt is the right one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

VKing posted:

Thanks again for showing us this game.
Like I said before, the music is just fantastic. The story, while slightly weird at the end there, works surprisingly well. I'm kinda sad that you can't really save anyone after all, though.

Not actively, but the last mask splits you into a bunch of doppelganger that it shows saving everyone at once.

• Locked thread