Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcomage
Nov 10, 2012
It's pretty interesting. This video did hammer home the shape of things to come, I think. While you saved Clay and Trinity, it's also pretty clear that depending on what else you do during the day, you might not be able to save them in the same way next time (because, for example, that body might not slide down the shaft and panic Trinity, thus keeping her unaware of the spider until it's too late for Clay to come for her). I'm assuming that the end goal is to save everyone in a single run? I can see how the time limits might get pretty tight on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcomage
Nov 10, 2012
One of the endgames I could see for something like this also involves "Lafcadio" not quite being all of Lafcadio Boone, and you having to stop your own murder at some point in order to close the final timeloop.

Arcomage
Nov 10, 2012
Well then. That explains a lot by saying very litte. I'm afraid any discussion at this point might be considered spoilers, though, so I'll hold off for now for the sake of people who haven't seen the video yet.

Arcomage
Nov 10, 2012
Lazy Bear's idea is basically what I thought was going on here, yes. None of this is real, and we're playing as the memory of Lafcadio, aided by the memory of Eleanor, offering a chance for Lucas to finally escape his guilt complex.

It's pretty interesting how they set that up - earlier in the game for example, I thought that the ghost of Sixpence might be haunting the dealer he built, given how it was spouting lines at Clay that almost certainly weren't programmed. But in this context, it's probably more that Lucas is projecting some of the builder's personality on his mental construct of the dealer. It doesn't even matter whether or not Sixpence actually built a card-dealing death robot at any point as long as that's a thing Lucas could imagine him doing.

It is pretty interesting that there's no portrait of Lafcadio Boone in the gallery, though. Quite possibly that's a good sign - it could well mean that Lucas has moved past tormenting himself over Lafcadio's death regardless of how his guilt (as exemplified by the man in the golden mask) feels about the matter.

• Locked thread