Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I loved this game a lot. It's real good, folks.

Some minor details about the ending I want to put in spoilers so people don't see them before they watch the video:

-Gold Skull looks like a younger Lucas than the Marquis, so, personally, I like to think his appearance is how Lucas imagines his unborn son would have looked. You can see GS cut himself off at 15:27 talking about it, and then following it up with "WE don't deserve to be forgotten." That's not explicitly true or anything, I just think it's a neat idea.

-I thought the last puzzle was a bit of a letdown at first, since it's like, one room and two steps, but I ended up liking it, looking back. Storywise the "real" final challenge is Lucas forgiving himself, so I think it's fair if the actual puzzle the player has to solve isn't that tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Lazy Bear posted:

I'm gonna echo the complaint about everything being a bit too zoomed out to really enjoy the obviously stellar art design. At least during the 'cutscenes' and maybe(if you could smoothly do it) during any dialogue that freezes time it could have moved the camera in a bit. Almost seems like they're ashamed of the character designs.

I honestly think a lot of the biggest issues with TSB could have been fixed with a little more polish. I love the game, but I agree that a lot of the designs are just too far away to really get all the details of, which is why Graylien's art posts have been one of my favorite parts of the thread.

There's also the loading issues, and this thing where, at least on controller, sometimes Lafcadio just does not want to open the drat door and you end up having to hit A like, four times.

It's not flawless, but I'd still say it's easily worth the asking price.

• Locked thread