Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

klafbang posted:

It seems to me, these mysteries are very lackluster. In the first one you had to do literally two things. In the second one, three things.
Those seem to be more because these are the introductory mysteries to get us into things. Gotta start simple and then build up to the rube-goldberg gambit-pileup of unraveling a good mystery.

I do admit that while both of these successes were a bit 'wait, that's it? that's all that needed to be done?' at least Sixpence's was satisfying in that way. 'Plan B me eh? I'll Plan B you! I can't believe I got it in one!'
Was kinda hoping for Clay to actually throw some punches though. That wouldn't have made any sense but it would have been awesome in it's own right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

They seem to auto-lock from one way. The dude had to punch the code in to lock the door properly (so Trinity could hear it) but when he exited the south door it auto-locked, which means that when Trinity went in it likely also auto-locked from that direction.

Also I meant Clay punching the spider. Doors are for kicking :colbert:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Considering how he keeps getting up from being knocked over with shades of disorientation at the start of every day I'd believe death by drunken bender.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

So the bloody rain that happens after every murder are the tears of impotent rage and sorrow that came from witnessing them.

How metal.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I thought I was getting a Bioshock Infinite vibe from somewhere.

Kinda wish there was more gameplay at the end but it's framed enough to make that passable.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Kurieg posted:

Well... from what I understand, Lafcadio was a real person who existed, and was the previous owner of the Sexy Brutale before Lucas bought it. And that he died in the explosion. Lucas imagined himself as Lafcadio because he did what Lucas couldn't, he walked away.

As has been mentioned behind black bars, Lafcadio was someone who Lucas looked up to. It's mentioned as such a few times and implied that he did Lucas and Emily's wedding. Thus it's far more likely that Lucas followed in Lafcadio's footsteps in becoming a priest, however that's as far as we got of the real Lafcadio: everything attributed to him in the dream would actually be attributes of Lucas himself IE: dream Tequila mentioned his piano playing skill, that'd be Lucas's skill at playing the piano.

Or tldr: 'why not both?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The worst tragedies usually come from the simplest mistakes. He even said it himself: he's no Sixpence so the job wasn't as small and tidy as it could have been :v:

• Locked thread