Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

EponymousMrYar posted:

Was kinda hoping for Clay to actually throw some punches though. That wouldn't have made any sense but it would have been awesome in it's own right.

I thought Clay broke the door to the spider room down since he didn't know the code for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

Epicmissingno posted:

Wasn't the door still unlocked, though? I don't recall it being locked again after Trinity went in.

I don't know. I thought the doors auto locked but I don't think Scruffy ever checked the door after Trinity went in so I can't be sure.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

Ratoslov posted:

I figure the rest of the servants are really into the whole ironic death thing, and that guy decided 'Nope, no mucking around, I'm just gonna shoot the bastard, clean up, and call it a day by 5.'

Makes sense, considering his backup plan was beating Reggie to death with a candle stick if the gun didn't kill him.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

LordHippoman posted:

I loved this game a lot. It's real good, folks.

Some minor details about the ending I want to put in spoilers so people don't see them before they watch the video:

-Gold Skull looks like a younger Lucas than the Marquis, so, personally, I like to think his appearance is how Lucas imagines his unborn son would have looked. You can see GS cut himself off at 15:27 talking about it, and then following it up with "WE don't deserve to be forgotten." That's not explicitly true or anything, I just think it's a neat idea.

-I thought the last puzzle was a bit of a letdown at first, since it's like, one room and two steps, but I ended up liking it, looking back. Storywise the "real" final challenge is Lucas forgiving himself, so I think it's fair if the actual puzzle the player has to solve isn't that tough.

I think the final puzzle also fits thematically since forgiving yourself is a relatively simple action that can be incredibly difficult to actually do. The act of Lucas forgiving himself was cutting the wire on the explosive which was very easy to do but to even do that he had to go through the entire mansion and solve all of those puzzles which were more difficult.

• Locked thread