Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Lazy Bear posted:

I dunno, though... With the exception of Reggie, it feels like everyone else has very ironic/appropriate deaths and it almost feels like that's... Required? I mean, not to pull the game apart too much but for everyone but Reggie it'd just be a world and a third easier to stab them when they're alone or poison them or whatever. I mean, how hard would it have been to just drop a cyanide capsule into Aurum's drink? And heck, Thanos, a very old very disabled man, was completely alone and vulnerable with a butler for some time. If the goal was simply to kill them... Seems like there wouldn't have been so much begrudging restraint. No... I think there's more to it.

In this line of thinking everyone but Reginald's death is thematic and kind of their own doing. Clay drinks himself to death while he ought to be looking after his wife, whom ends up in a bad spot because she's too nosey/picks a lock to a room she knows she shouldn't be in. The two dudes get killed on stage cause they're there trying to steal a giant jeweled egg. Willow is screwing around with voodoo magics. Runes and Thanos get cooked cause they're snooping and explicitly told they're not supposed to be in that area. And the singer... kind of... sings a petty and bitter song about Lucas who dumped her? Okay lost it a little there at the end, but a lot of the deaths are kind of the victims fault. Reggie getting shot seems to be a kind of weird outlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread