Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I'm happy that you all managed to get something out of this, but the game's ending really peeved me when I got there.

Mind you, this was after playing a streak of maybe three other games that all ended with "it was all a dream / purgatory / a simulation".

It feels like lazy writing to me, because you can spend the whole game up to that point evoking an air of mystery, but aren't beholden to actually explain how things tie together. Who was that guy? How was this person able to do that thing? What's the significance of those objects? Oh, it doesn't matter, because it was all made up. (see: Lost)

It's interesting to see the people in this thread enjoy all the symbolic and thematic stuff, because once the game is over that's really all you have left. Compare to a game like Ghost Trick, which has a batshit crazy resolution which still manages to be satisfying because it plays by its own rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread