Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

WFGuy posted:

On top of that, if you don't beat the game by solving all the murders in one super run either then that's another trick they've missed; sure, they might have a nice plot-themed reason why you don't have to in the end, but games are kinda supposed to be GAMES first, and they could certainly have tweaked all the timings so that you have just enough time to save everyone in one go. Thanks to the simplistic solutions, there's not even that many moving pieces right now:
- place the blank in the rifle
- switch the camera and turn it on
- douse the candle (definitely trickier since you need to feed the charm twice first)
- trick the pianist
- and turn the switch.
There's only two more solutions to discover, so it definitely feels like they could have switched up the timings of the murders a bit to make a one-run possible.

If I recall right from one of the videos, really loud noises (like records being played) stop Lafcadio from being able to utilize Trinity's power. If there is a way to save everyone it might involve setting up a record to play within earshot of Trinity. That way Trinity never hears the passcode to the door so she can't get trapped inside the same room as the giant spider. Instead, Trinity heads back to where Clay is and she manages to convince him to stop drinking before he gets to the spiked shot of liquor.

I think that requires less legwork on Lafcadio's part too, leaving him more time for the other guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread